Author Topic: My website has been Hi-jacked!!!  (Read 11985 times)

Offline Eagle Eye

• View Profile
My website has been Hi-jacked!!!
« on: March 08, 2007, 04:38:31 PM »
Hello

I am MaxPaul, The author of the “Wallpaper” template. more info here : http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=12293.0 live demo on the Hijacker’s  :twisted: site:
Code: [Select]
http://www.4images.hotdt.net/
I would like to share a very sad news with the forum members:

My website
www.hotdt.com has been hijacked and duplicated by someone! All my hard work is gone in one blow to someone who does not deserve it!!![/b]

Some one registered a new domain name
www.hotdt.net (I regret not securing this domain name before hand) and got unauthorized access to my yahoo mail and hosting account!!!! And has duplicated my work!!!!

He has also changed all login information and has totally locked me out!

The reason this happened is because the site was started on my hosting account… but after 6 months due to the traffic demand and disk space, I shifted it to my friends account and we together support the site by adding wallpapers… he adds the cars wallpapers and I got the lovely job to add the celebrity wallpapers!!!

He is on vacation now (one week now) and out of contact… in the meantime one of his friends has hijacked our site by collecting the login info from my partners computer.

I am trying to contact him but with little luck….

As readers of this news, please give me your suggestions!!! PM me or email me to
hotdt_wallpapers@yahoo.com
Any help would be priceless!!! Please HELP ME!!!!

MaxPaul  :(  :(  :?  8O  :cry:

Offline Eagle Eye

• View Profile
Re: My website has been Hi-jacked!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 04:48:25 PM »
Alternatively if are already familiar with my design works, you can also try to contact the web host www.site5.com
customer.service@site5.com where this hijacker’s site is currently hosted and also contact Google Adsense team:
adsense-adclicks@google.com and report the abuse and support me!

p.s Is it possible to prove this to all major search engine to de-index the new site as a penalty for hijacking someone else’s site??? My site
www.hotdt.com is well indexed in all major search engines!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 05:05:17 PM by maxpaul »

Offline Fastian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 11:47:43 PM »
Holy shit ...

How that can happen??  :o

I just saw the msg on your site. How he/she was able to copy all the stuff from your site ?????

The site is hosted at Site5.Com .... Can't you contact them that its a "Hacked" site and do something about it ???

That is soo sad.  :(
I m not a  Programmer.
          But
I m a Good Learner.

Offline Eagle Eye

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 01:12:19 PM »
I still cannot believe and I am not sure how this happened... well I had a partner who used to add the "car's section" and I was so frank and open with him that he had all the key details...(passwords etc ..etc..) we worked together for one year and he told me that he will be on vacation for 3 months (his last email) and in 2 days this happened!!! and till now no contact with him (almost 3 weeks now).... interestingly he send one email a week back talking some other topics and acted to be very very busy... ( I had send him repeated emails asking him what was happening)… so my busy friend has not yet got time to read these emails….

He also mentioned in his quick last mail that he has arranged another friend of his to mange his website for 3 months... (Including ours)... maybe a silly excuse...

So the fact is the site is not hacked but just hi-jacked by modifying the passwords and locking me out :))

Well what can I say??? You trust someone and be honest and in return you get some surprise gifts like this after working for more than a year together and all the friendship... well my fate I guess!

I am now working on a new website (at lest this time no external help)

To punish the guy who did this injustice to me... I will release the template of hotdt.com for public use to 4image users!!! (I am working on it now ;)

p.s @Fastian the top menu is superb!!! Is the menu generated dynamically from the 4images database or it’s a static menu?

MaxPaul

Offline Fastian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 01:23:33 PM »
This is really sad.
These days, its so hard to trust anyone. I have seen few incidents and i am trying to be even more careful now.
Also, that hurts a lot when your "so called friends" do such things ... I know, that sucks ...

To punish the guy who did this injustice to me... I will release the template of hotdt.com for public use to 4image users!!! (I am working on it now
Lolzzz .. I think that would be an interesting idea :)
Who ever will use "that" template and will give a link back to maxpaul's Original site, I will put his link on my site. (Without Link Exchange)
:)
I wish there would be an easy way to kicks his a**

p.s @Fastian the top menu is superb!!! Is the menu generated dynamically from the 4images database or it’s a static menu?
Thanks Max :) ... Its a Static menu, I tried to use 4images table but wasn’t able to ..
I used some JavaScript from DynamicDrive to do that ...
If you need it, just let me know :)
I m not a  Programmer.
          But
I m a Good Learner.

Offline impss

• View Profile
    • Cusstom.net
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 03:51:31 PM »

Sorry to hear this maxpaul  :?

Guess you never know who you can trust.

Offline CeJay

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 08:31:10 AM »
who was the copyright under?

If it was you, then you can go for copyright infringment if you wanted.
Not sure if that will get you anywhere, but could be a start depending on where they are located.

Offline Eagle Eye

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 04:07:24 PM »
Thanks for the support; unfortunately I have very few options…

Since I am not the photographer or designer of the wallpapers I cannot claim copyright on them. I just collected them from public domains, selected them and added them on my website… the only thing I can do is claim the rights for the web design… but this requires wasting a lot of money on a lawyer etc….

My fault: I was too much frank and kind to people who never deserved it, so they in return instead of thanks, ripped me off!!   :oops:

My Advice: Select partners very carefully and always have a full backup plan ready to roll in case… if you are lucky u will never need it… but if not, then the backup plan will save you a lot of disappointment!  :wink:

Offline CeJay

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 05:54:25 PM »
to bad it has happened

i wish you the best in the future and look forward to seeing maybe some more templates??  :wink:

Offline MaveriC

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 01:13:07 PM »
hey! thats a really good site to loose. Do you still have the keys to your domain name? If yes, then put up a note that your site got hacked and show the same to the service providers(i.e hosting company, godaddy, google and everybody who is involved) of the .net website because that guy seems to say to the whole world that the old site has been moved.

That may or may not work. But another possible solution is ask the 4images team to claim the source code! Am not good with GPL licenses but maybe you can get this thing done..