Author Topic: GD Installation  (Read 9285 times)

Offline legolasbloom

• View Profile
GD Installation
« on: July 13, 2005, 07:44:49 PM »
Would anyone be willing to install gd on my site? i will pay you for helping me. PLEASE someone! I used to have it and it worked fine btu then something happened and it needs to be reinstalled. I cannot remember how I originally installed it. Please someone! I will give you money through paypal for your help. thank you.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: GD Installation
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 01:26:17 AM »
GD comes with PHP, and need only activation in the php.ini
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline legolasbloom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 04:56:14 AM »
I don't know where to upload it on my site. usr/local/bin? What exactly do I upload? I just really need help. Ir used to work and now I just get this error:

GD Library Error
Check Module

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 06:58:32 AM »
this a wrong place to ask such questions, this is 4images support forum not "how do I setup a server" support.
try google.

[topic moved]
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline boatman9999

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 11:23:41 AM »
As V@no has already advised, I believe that GD is only available bundled with PHP.

To see if it is installed with your PHP config, create a file named phpinfo.php containing:

Code: [Select]
<?php
phpinfo
();
?>

upload this to your webpages root directory on your server and then using your browser navigate to this file (eg www.mywebsite.com/phpinfo.php.

This should then display all the info about php as currently set up on your server. To check for  GD look for :

in the screen output. If the GD info is as displayed (or similar with no errors) then GD is installed.

If GD info missing, then this needs to be called in the php.ini file with a reference to  the correct php extension file. If you do not have access to, or cannot get anyone to amend  the php.ini file, I think you are stuck.

Offline legolasbloom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 03:04:04 PM »
ok so i made the php page and got this error:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /var/www/html/phpinfo.php on line 3

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /var/www/html/phpinfo.php on line 3

I know I have php considering my whole domain is a 4images gallery that works.

Ps - Just to let you know this does pertain to 4images troubleshooting because it is in the program where i am getting this error about gd suddenly not working.

Offline boatman9999

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 06:25:13 PM »
If you have made the phpinfo.php file exactly as above with no extra code, then I am at a loss as to what the problem might be.

Searching Google for that error indicates that an extra '/' or '\'  has got into the script somewhere and when removed all is OK.

I understand that you have PHP running, what we are trying to discover is whether the GD module  is enabled or not.

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2005, 12:16:06 AM »
Ps - Just to let you know this does pertain to 4images troubleshooting because it is in the program where i am getting this error about gd suddenly not working.
no, it doesnt. Microsoft is not responsible for a program which require .NET Framework when you run it on your windows without .NET Framework installed.
Same here, 4images does not (and should not) support anything beyond installating 4images itself. GD is a part of the server configuration, and server configuration is your task.