Author Topic: Powerpoint .ppt file download  (Read 4929 times)

Offline loz

• View Profile
Powerpoint .ppt file download
« on: November 17, 2005, 01:10:47 PM »
Hi,

I've uploaded a few Powerpoint files to my website using the batch upload mod method. I've also installed the 'download' folder module to allow users to download larger image sizes using the download button. The Powerpoint files upload and display correctly but when you click on either download or zip the file opens in the browser displaying a whole load of text jargon.

I've amended includes/upload_definitions.php adding the correct MIME definition:

$mime_type_match['ppt'] = array("application/vnd", "application/mspowerpoint", "application/ms-powerpoint", "application/mspowerpnt", "application/vnd-mspowerpoint", "application/vnd.ms-powerpoint", "application/powerpoint", "application/x-powerpoint", "application/x-mspowerpoint");

I've also included 'ppt' as an allowed extension in the control panel settings page but nothing seems to solve this problem.

Please help!

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Powerpoint .ppt file download
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 02:38:16 PM »
can we see it?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline loz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 12:55:24 PM »
Sorry, it's on a local intranet. I'm sure it's something to do with the MIME types or maybe a browser issue.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 03:13:51 PM »
Can you attach one small .ppt file (zip it first) so we could test it?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline gabcsa52

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Powerpoint .ppt file
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 08:31:54 PM »
I uploaded a ppt. file. It seems well in the gallery, but when I want too play it, the browser (firefox and IE too) finds an unknown extension. Which extension is it for the browser?