• [MOD] Shoutbox 4 0 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: [MOD] Shoutbox  (Read 309078 times)

Rembrandt

Re: [MOD] Shoutbox
« Reply #225 on: May 09, 2010, 09:41:23 PM »
Wo kann man denn die Fehlermeldungen unterdrücken, ist ja nur in der search.php (warum auch immer)...

mit dem hier: http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=26943.msg145977#msg145977

das ist aber meinung nach der falsche weg, wenn ein script fehlerhaft ist.

mfg Andi

Offline Jan-Lukas

• Addicted member
    • View Profile
    • Discover the New World of Kindersurprise
« Reply #226 on: May 09, 2010, 10:03:06 PM »
schon, aber die Shoutbox ist schon so alt, die müsste mal neu aufgelegt werden *liebguck*

Danke Harald

Offline webvision

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 21, 2010, 06:43:06 AM »
Hello

How to expand?

Thank you

Here is a screen:

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 09, 2010, 11:54:36 PM »
can anyone here please help me if they see this,

AS u can see from the post above a person have put an image of there shout box and which they would like to expand it, i would like to do the same thing and i have tried everything and i just cannot do it. I know it may seem simple as in making the table width big and hieght but trust me i have tried, can anyone here point me in the right direction please

god bless u all and thank u

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #229 on: August 10, 2010, 12:24:47 AM »
Have you tried set width to 100% in this line?
Code: [Select]
  <table width="148" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 10, 2010, 12:40:18 AM »
@ vano

thank u sir for the reply

I did of course check but the table is fine, its the code below thats the problem. For example i will change column and row to higher numbers, inside dreamweaver i can see that the text area is being changed but when i upload and then refresh the page, the page is still the same, nothing has expanded.

<textarea name="shout_message" cols="" rows="8" class="shouttextarea">{sh_message}</textarea>

Why do u think that this is happening sir,

god bless u

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #231 on: August 10, 2010, 01:15:52 AM »
I see.
Make sure you fix the classes in stylesheet (style.css), for instance the default width of input fields for shoutbox is set to 130px
.shoutinput {
  background-color: #FFFFFF;
  font-family: Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
  color: #0f5475;
  font-size: 11px;
  WIDTH: 130px;
}
The textarea style doesn't have any width, so default is used, perhaps try set it manually in stylesheet as well.
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 10, 2010, 08:27:54 PM »
Hello vano, thank u for the reply. To be honest i removed the contraint widths from the style sheets and then i proceeded to make the area bigger but with no success... it still looks the same when i upload it but in dreamweaver it has expanded i dont understand why this is. Should i put teh contraints back in the style sheets and then change the width from there, because i tried this and it not worked sir.

god bless u sir

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #233 on: August 10, 2010, 08:38:21 PM »
Have you tried firebug extension for firefox? I'd suggest you try it. Might take some time to figure out how to use it, but its a must-have tool for debugging html/javascript
It even allows you edit your pages live and will show your changes instantly (temporary obviously).

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 13, 2010, 05:04:33 PM »
@VANO

Hello sir, i hope u r ok.. Im sorry but i need ur help vano. I know i asking for help to much  :(...

On the top of for 4images next to top images, there is a link called 'new images', whn i clcik on new iimages link, i get the below error...

I have looked but whats is point  :( i dont know what im doing to try to fix it. Thank u VAno, god bless u sir.

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 15, 2010, 02:56:18 AM »
Ok this is to anyone that is having problem i am having, i have managed to fix problem... Thank to Vano, i have inspiration from him to be like him in future so i tried to find problem myself. So first of i want to thank V@no for being my inspiration and motivation and role model.

Ok if you ever getting error like this : Notice: undefined index ........etc ,  in top of screen please follow below instruction.

1)

Go inside includes/page_header.php

Find...
$shout = $HTTP_POST_VARS['shout'];
Insert above
if (isset($_POST['shout']))
{

2)
Find...
unset ($errormsg);
insert below..
}

Now this will fix problem because we are testing whether the fields of the table was initialized with the function isset ().

Offline iDownOwnAnything

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 23, 2010, 12:13:46 AM »
Can anyone here help me. Im new here and i have installed the shoutbox MOD but the bbcode doesnt seem to be work. For example if i put :( then the smily face does not appear like it did. Just to let you know i have installed the PM MOD so i dont know if this is the problem. Any ideas. please

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 16, 2010, 11:18:45 PM »
@VANO   :mrgreen:

Sir, how are you. I was just wondering you helped me with a MOD http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=27868.0 which redirected the user to there most recent. However it doesnt seem to work on google chrome. However the principle that you helped me with that i am very utterly grateful for can the same principle be done for shoutbox?, I have placed the shoutbox on my home.html at the bottom. When user scrolls down makes a comment (page refreshes, as it should do) but the page is pushed up and user has to scroll down again. Can it be so user makes comment and page refreshes but gets pushed to the bottom rather than up.

Thanks u so much in advance.

Offline Jan-Lukas

• Addicted member
    • View Profile
    • Discover the New World of Kindersurprise
« Reply #238 on: January 05, 2011, 07:40:36 PM »
Einträge lassen sich nicht mehr editieren, oder löschen

CSRF check failed.

evtl. hat ja schon einer eine Lösung dazu gefunden.

LG Harald
Danke Harald

Offline Sunny C.

• Addicted member
  • I ♥ 4I
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 05, 2011, 08:01:48 PM »
Neuauflage der Modifikation @ Rembrandt :P