news system
23 (40.4%)
guestbooks
2 (3.5%)
neither above
14 (24.6%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: April 29, 2003, 07:40:49 AM

Author Topic: 4images version 2.0  (Read 20021 times)

Offline mantra

• View Profile
    • DREAM WITH MANTRA
4images version 2.0
« on: April 29, 2003, 07:40:49 AM »
For my opinion the next version of this beautiful program is have own forum system.
I know this is hard work, but for capability of the developer I think , it can be done.

This because I look in mood section of this forum so many feature can we added in this program.

I'm try to ask to member of this forum , what feature we can hope for the next version  :idea:

Offline nobody2100

• View Profile
4images version 2.0
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2003, 06:40:51 AM »
i don't like the idea of a forum / guestbokk nor a newssystem ... 4images should be as it is: JUST A GALLERY script ;) there are lots of excellent forums out there .. as long it will still be possible to combine the gallery with the forums i will be more than happy. i personally already have a licensse and i don't really wanna use another forum.

Offline Apollo13

• Addicted member
    • View Profile
4images version 2.0
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2003, 07:27:14 AM »
well a forum is a good idea. V@no and I worked at an Private Message System. I Think in the next 2 days or so i can post the code.

Offline mantra

• View Profile
    • DREAM WITH MANTRA
4images version 2.0
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2003, 11:48:58 AM »
well a forum is a good idea. V@no and I worked at an Private Message System. I Think in the next 2 days or so i can post the code.

I'll wait for it

Offline Sheep707

• View Profile
    • http://www.leeger.net
just news!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2003, 12:03:48 PM »
Quote from: nobody2100
... 4images should be as it is: JUST A GALLERY script

:evil: I have the same meaning!!!
Wer einen Rechtschreibefeher findet, kann ihn behalten!

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: just news!
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2003, 12:57:32 PM »

do u say that DVD player shouldnt support music CDs and VCDs? :roll:
I belive when u have a chose to install some extra addons or not its a good thing. Yes, there are many board systems, and many has been integrated with 4images, but just look through the forum, u'll find that those integration is pain in *** when ppl trying add some more addons. Another thing, is that many people get attracted to software that has more extras. U never know what people might need. If u need just basic features, then dont install any mods, use the default features ;)
My thinking is that "as much as better" if u have chose to turn it on/off or dont install in the first place.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline mantra

• View Profile
    • DREAM WITH MANTRA
4images version 2.0
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2003, 04:35:46 PM »
The only reason that I hope for forum is, because the developers of this program can know how to combine all the rich feature of 4images and the forum system.

Yeah many people have try to make integration 4images with some forum system, but they always have problem again and again [ not mention the forum system will have next version/ update ]

I know this script is for gallery system but try visit they site [ all members ] all mod is plug to their site or have more feature plug to 4images [ 4images be the major program to their site ]

as I know this because I'm an artist, is not just showing the images [ art work ]
but hope some feedback that we can share with other people.

Finally may all this hope heard by Jan to make another magic.

Offline nobody2100

• View Profile
Re: just news!
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2003, 10:19:42 PM »
Quote from: V@no

do u say that DVD player shouldnt support music CDs and VCDs? :roll:

lol? what kind of comparison is that?  all I am saying is, that the developement of a forum software takes a lot of time and until it gets as good as those out there f.e.: ibf (free) it will take years. don't take this as a diss to the developers, I am sure they can do it, but there is no need to invent the weel a second time, is it? why do all that work, when there are already a lot them out there (and really good FREE ones). it would be 100% easier, when they would program the gallery, that an integradtion into a forum gets easier than v 1.7 and the problem is solved. with this, there would be almost the same endresult (maybe better) with much less time! With this, they could concentrate on the developement on the BEST gallery script. There are already some scripts out there with a gallery, forums, newsengine and an article script ... the idea is nice, that you have a all in one script. but there are so much features missing like comments and rating, and because of all those "mods" or whatever you want to call it developement is slowed down to almost ZERO! therefore I only wish, that in v2.0 the developers will make 4 images a more easy script to integrade, like variables for the mysql tables an cloums and also that the session of a forum COULD be used so basically you can make a website wehe you can't really tell, that it is build on several scripts.
I think the developers would agree on this point, that 4 images should stay a gallery script with no forums or whatsoever so they can keep 4 images the best free galleryscripts on the net or maybe even of them all!!!

that's all

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
4images version 2.0
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2003, 10:42:55 PM »
Yes, I agree with that too. The bare-bone script should be just a gallery, BUT with ability turn on/off some extra features. The extra features might not come with the script by default, but could be installed - that be called MODs.
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline nobody2100

• View Profile
4images version 2.0
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2003, 12:08:02 AM »
i didn't say they shouldn't develope any MOD's a Newssystem and a guestbook are simple scripts, that won't take much time. but their developement should start AFTER the gold release of 4images v2.0 so the developers can concentrate on the finishing of version 2! And a developement of a forum is something i really can't understand. what is wrong with integrating it into an already existing fee froum?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
4images version 2.0
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2003, 12:38:17 AM »
but their developement should start AFTER the gold release of 4images v2.0 so the developers can concentrate on the finishing of version 2!

that's exactly what I'm doing here, helping Jan dont waste his time on replys at this forum ;) (I skip only non-english threads)

what is wrong with integrating it into an already existing fee froum?

90% of problems that users meet when installing new mods are after integration (just my estimate ;))

Offline TobiasH.

• View Profile
    • http://www.cheerforum.de
4images version 2.0
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2003, 02:07:38 AM »
Hi,

Quote from: V@no
what is wrong with integrating it into an already existing fee froum?

90% of problems that users meet when installing new mods are after integration (just my estimate ;))

I think, coding a new forum is the wrong way! I have intergrated 4images with my phpBB2 (840 users, 22k posts)! The integration works fine, the mods work fine. So why using just an another (u, php, w, v or whatever)bb clone?!

Maybe official forumintegration mods for every forum would be nice ;)

Better user-/usergroup management and moderators that can give permissions to users would be great...

Tobias

Offline nobody2100

• View Profile
4images version 2.0
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2003, 10:11:27 AM »
one question a little bit off topic, but i read in another topic, that the developers arte already working on a new version. are there going to be some status updates? I personally, want as much information on the new version as possible ;) maybe there is a little beta online to preview? ;)

Offline Chris

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?
    • View Profile
4images version 2.0
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2003, 04:39:12 PM »
As with any good software product, development is always ongoing and I believe that is the case here.  A great deal of new features, changes, and structural enhancements have already been communicated to Jan through these forums.  As far as version information or beta previews, I'm sure he will post an announcement when he's ready.

All I can say is stay tuned.  There is often a ton of work that goes on behind the scenes and out of sight from us users.

Offline edwin

• View Profile
    • http://www.foto-janssen.nl
4images version 2.0
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2003, 01:21:28 AM »
What i'm hoping for is that Paypal is included (shopfunction)