Author Topic: How Do You Make The Numbnails Small?  (Read 4457 times)

Offline TygerStar

• View Profile
How Do You Make The Numbnails Small?
« on: May 16, 2007, 03:55:22 AM »
Hi, I just started using the 4images gallery and I can't seem to make the thumbnails small. They come out the same size as the original images. How do you make them smaller? Does it do it automatically or do you have to do something else with it? I have GD enabled. I have tried all options for resizing the images but it comes out the same way each time. I downloaded Image Magik for windows but I couldn't figure out how to use it. I have no clue how you install it or anything, so I selected GD in my control panel. Thanks for any help. TygerStar

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
Re: How Do You Make The Numbnails Small?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 03:40:58 PM »
TygerStar I can tell you want I do. It may help.

In settings

1. I use GD
2. For uploading thumbnails I have the size set at 150 pixels for both width and height
3. It is set for auto create thumbnail

When I upload in Control Panel

1. I browse for the image
2. I leave the thumbnail field blank
3. Fill in other fields if you you want (name, description, etc)
4. Submit to upload

When I'm done uploading the image I click the auto thumbnail link on the left side under the heading Images to create the thumbnail for the image.

I hope this helps.

Offline TygerStar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 03:21:02 AM »
Thank you, that may be the answer. I didn't see the auto create thumbnails in there. I will have to look at it again and let you know.

Offline TygerStar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 06:02:26 PM »
That didn't work. It's giving me the thumbnail of the image as an eyeball, which I assume is a default image. What did I do wrong?

Offline TygerStar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 06:06:49 PM »
Oops, never mind, I apologize! I forgot to go back and click the auto thumbnailer. Do you have to do this for every picture you upload, one at a time, or will it do them automatically for all images now?