Author Topic: Why does a newly updated topic not move to the first page?  (Read 7602 times)

Offline cpuswe

• View Profile
Why does a newly updated topic not move to the first page?
« on: March 05, 2006, 07:36:32 PM »
I have made two new posts in this http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=10163.0 thread but it does not show on the first page of Mods & Plugins (Publishing & Support)

Why?

/Thomas

Offline BartAfterDark

• View Profile
Re: Why does a newly updated topic not move to the first page?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 08:22:31 PM »
it's because allmost all of the topics in completed mods are "sticky" (they get shown before "normal" topics)

Offline cpuswe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 08:53:16 PM »
Ahh i see!

So if i have a question about a mod, i start a new thread in (Requests & Discussions) or Discussion & Troubleshooting instead of the MOD thread?

/T

Offline BartAfterDark

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 09:18:49 PM »
You could ask v@no to make it sticky. Wich thread did you ask your question in?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 05:46:31 PM by BartAfterDark »

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 09:32:24 PM »
So if i have a question about a mod, i start a new thread in (Requests & Discussions) or Discussion & Troubleshooting instead of the MOD thread?
And why would you do that?
Please read the forum rules. If you have a question regarding a mod or another topic, reply to that topic DO NOT START A NEW TOPIC!
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline cpuswe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 10:40:18 PM »
And why would you do that?
Please read the forum rules. If you have a question regarding a mod or another topic, reply to that topic DO NOT START A NEW TOPIC!

Since the thread did not bump back to first page after my post i thought there where something wrong. The reason why i would start a new thread was that my thread 5 pages away, would not be read. In any other forum active threads are moved to the first page. That seems not the case here, and i learned that now.

Sorry if i upset anyone.  :(

BartAfterDark: See my first post in this thread. (Which now has in some magical way moved to the first page)