Author Topic: IE browser problems with the application  (Read 9651 times)

Offline michelle

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
IE browser problems with the application
« on: May 11, 2003, 05:11:32 PM »
Hi

I am having major problems with IE6 and the application not displaying the images >> keeps saying "downloading the files" yet they are there, as they display 100% in Opera & Netscape. Does your application have any issues with more than 1 installation on a webserver & IE6?

Please would appreciate your assistance urgently

rgs
Michelle
 :(

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2003, 05:25:09 PM »
try to clear you internet cache and cookies.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline michelle

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
ie 6 browser problem
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2003, 08:26:42 AM »
I have deleted temp files, cookies & cleared the cache on all the workstations. I have even rebooted the webserver, can this be an ImageMagick problem?

Offline michelle

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
More problems found with the browsers
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2003, 09:17:43 AM »
Hi

I don't seem to be having much luck with the application & IE6 browser, please can you take a look at this test site [http://196.31.103.101/4images/] in IE6 - you will notice that it keeps trying to download the images, yet it cannot. Then I need you to go to another site that has images & you will notice that the images cannot load in that page either, it  is almost like some java has gone wrong or something. I would appreciate any assistance possible!!

Another small problem we are facing is that in Netscape you can download the right protected images, when you right click you select "save as" .... can this be fixed or disabled.

rgs
Michelle

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: More problems found with the browsers
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2003, 11:14:58 AM »
Quote from: michelle
in IE6 - you will notice that it keeps trying to download the images, yet it cannot. Then I need you to go to another site that has images & you will notice that the images cannot load in that page either, it  is almost like some java has gone wrong or something.

I dont see any problem. Maybe there is something wrong with your system...
in IE6 try go to Tools -> Internet Options and play with some settings...
also, if u are using WindowsME or XP, there is a feature calls "System restore" maybe u should try that too...
about right click disabling, there is few modifications of the original javascript, just search the forum ;)
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline michelle

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
permssion problem
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2003, 09:21:35 PM »
Hi

I have now deleted the full directory, copied the folder that is working on the other site, given it a new database & edited the config.php file, changed all the permissions as per the docs....
the small problem I am facing is this
-----------------------------------------
Warning: Unable to create './../data/media/3/peter_Trish_finish.jpg': No such file or directory in /home/sites/site1/web/foto/includes/upload.php on line 114

Warning: Unable to move '/tmp/phpd1esWT' to './../data/media/3/peter_Trish_finish.jpg' in /home/sites/site1/web/foto/includes/upload.php on line 114
Please recheck the marked fields.Error uploading image file: peter_Trish_finish.jpg
peter_Trish_finish.jpg: Copy error. Please check the directory permissions.
-----------------------------
can you advise me on how to fix this - I have changed the media folder to "777"

rgs
Michelle

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2003, 09:32:55 PM »

Offline michelle

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
thank you
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2003, 09:46:54 PM »
Thank you for the quick response!

All is now working 100% on all browsers & the permissions are fine.

will be sending the order soon for the 2nd license

rgs
Michelle
 :D