Author Topic: All Emails Being Sent by 4images are blank, activation, upload notices, etc.  (Read 2431 times)

Offline RuthE

• View Profile
    • Discover Kate Gallery
I have not a clue what is the causes, but all of the emails being sent by 4images that require some sort of additional information to be 'generated' are being sent blank. For example, the upload notifications emails I get do have the correct subject line, but nothing in the email. And the password request emails are also being sent blank. The same thing with the activation/validation email, it is completely blank, ie empty. There's absolutely nothing sent in the email. The subject line is there, but nothing else.

These problems began occuring after transfering to a new server, so it must have hapenned in the move, but I'm at a loss as to how to remedy the problem. Any and all help would be appreciated. I've been searching for an answer for 6 weeks now. In the meantime I've been individually approving memberships, as I get tons of people signing up without valid emails.

Thanks to any and all who help.

Ruth

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
1) check files in /lang/<yourlanguage>/email/ folder and check their permissions. (these are email templates used by 4images)
2) I asume u are using non-smtp server ( mail() ) feature, then try any other script that uses mail() function or even one of the examples from this site: http://php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)