• [MOD] Media sites v1.11.1 (2010-12-22) 5 0 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: [MOD] Media sites v1.11.1 (2010-12-22)  (Read 350214 times)

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: [MOD] Media sites v1.9 (2010-02-13)
« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2010, 06:45:59 PM »
So, youtube and dailymotion  are the only two that gives you this problem?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline surferboy

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 22, 2010, 09:47:10 PM »
Hi -

No, unfortunately, I have the same problem with break.com, dailymotion, onsmash, metacafe, youtube, break, liveleak, myvideo.de  - others where I get the default icon are sevenload, 220, and rutube.   See the attached file.  The only success for thumbnails are video.yahoo.com and dailyhaha.  The one youtube video with the default icon is the result of my deleting the thumbnail after editing the image.

and in some of the uploads, I get this warning message which I got for two vid uploads for sevenload:

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: Filename cannot be empty in /home1/xxxx/public_html/xxxxxgallery/includes/media_sites.php  on line 651

Attached is screen pic from the ACP edit images.

All vids were uploaded as a normal user in the category box using the 'upload' button in the upper right hand of the screen.  All url's were entered in the image url field and a name was provided with the video service to give you an idea.

So strange!

Thanks for looking at this.

Let me know how I can help.

Brian

[UPDATE]

Just realized that you may want to know what line 651 is from media_sites.php; here it is:
"    return file_get_contents($filename, $incpath, $resource_context);  "
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 10:19:59 PM by surferboy »

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #152 on: March 23, 2010, 02:32:19 AM »
I'm certain it has something to do with your server's limitations, or php version...
But as a quick test, please download media_sites_v1.8.zip file from here see if anything changes.

If downgrading didn't help, I'll need ask you for ftp access to your site, if you are up to this, then pm me with the info.
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline surferboy

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2010, 03:08:14 AM »
Hi -

I uploaded the earlier version of the file but nothing changed.  As a test, I uploaded another youtube video and it went right into autoplay but when I clicked on the category, I saw it listed with the name and the same "dot" in place of a thumbnail.

The php version on our server is 5.2.11

I have access to our php.ini file

safe mode is off

Will send you an IM with ftp access info.

Thanks,

Brian

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #154 on: March 23, 2010, 06:37:47 AM »
Ok, it's fixed now.
Apparently it was a bug in [FIX] Max height has no affect when do image resize.

Offline surferboy

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 23, 2010, 07:54:38 PM »
Hi -

Thanks for resolving the issue. Have uploaded several vid formats now with no problems.

Got another question: is there a way of showing the vids to appear in the new images section, or ideally iin  the recently uploaded videos? They don't appear in either location.  I'm using the MOD Latest 5 videos on Home-Site, topic 25487.0  to show the recently uploaded video.   

I realize these uploads are remote vids, so they are neither images nor actual vids but would a solution of adding the file extensions of liveleak,dailyhaha, youtube, etc. do the trick in the code mentioned in the 'Latest 5 videos on Home-Site' work, or work in the New Images table? The code is in the index.php file.

To specify certain uploaded vids in the Latest 5 videos, I changed the code to:
AND ((image_media_file LIKE '%.flv') OR (image_media_file LIKE '%.wmv') OR (image_media_file LIKE '%.avi') OR (image_media_file LIKE '%.mov') OR (image_media_file LIKE '%.mpg')) 

So I was wondering if adding some more code like this: (image_media_file LIKE '%.dailyhaha)

would work?

Otherwise, our users won't know the uploaded remote videos have been added unless we create a separate 'Videos' category.  The trouble with doing that is it becomes confusing to the users. Do I go here or there kind of thing.

Thanks again.

Brian

Offline V@nо

• Addicted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 23, 2010, 10:15:11 PM »
this question should be addressed to the last images mod. media sites mod doesn't add any extensions to the url, so your method with mysql query wont work.
If I asked you to PM me, I meant PM to my primary account, this account doesn't accept PMs.

Offline dobster

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 28, 2010, 12:19:25 PM »
I love this mod but the only thing is that it won't display the thumbnails on the index or in the album. I use youtube. I looked over the code a few times and I can't seem to get this thing work. I see that the thumbnails are in the right directory on the server so that is not the problem. My site is at http://dragtsma.nl/foto/index.php  

Can anyone please help me?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 02:10:12 PM by V@no »

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #158 on: June 28, 2010, 02:14:47 PM »
Welcome to 4images forum.

Interesting. The thumbnails indeed exist...
1) What are the permissions on these thumbnail files?
2) What if you manually change it to CHMOD 777? (all this can be done via FTP client)
3) What is PHP version on your server?
4) Try:
 in includes/media_sites.php find:
    $dimension = (intval($config['auto_thumbnail_dimension'])) ? intval($config['auto_thumbnail_dimension']) : 100;

Insert above:
    @chmod($srcCHMOD_FILES);

Offline dobster

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 28, 2010, 06:11:57 PM »
Thank you for the reply V@no...

1) the permission on the folder is 777, the permission on the thumbnails vary from 644 to 666.
2) I changed all the thums to 777, no change
3) php version is 4.4.7. It is a linux based system. Safe mode is off, GD support is enabled.
4) Oke, tried that and added another testvideo with the member uploadpage.

Didn't make a difference....any other suggestions?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #160 on: June 28, 2010, 08:11:54 PM »
If you can confirm, that thumbnail filename that is saved in the database matching file that is saved in /data/thumbnails/xx/ folder (including case. Just edit an image, it should show you thumbnail filename), then the only guess I have is that you've missed a step or two (Step 2.1 perhaps)

Offline dobster

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 28, 2010, 08:29:40 PM »
I looked in the Database. I took out one file, from one video I uploaded and the URL to the video is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZofMmrchtE.
The thumbnail file in the DB says: youtube_DZofMmrchtE.youtube.jpg (same name as I can see in the directory on the server)

All of URL's of the thumbnails from my video's look like that in the DB. Maybe I have to do something different because I am in the Netherlands?

And I did not forget to do any step, I checked it more than 3 times...over a period of 3 months. I checked it today, again... I cannot see where I am going wrong  :oops:

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #162 on: June 28, 2010, 08:56:42 PM »
Please attach your modified includes/functions.php

Offline dobster

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 29, 2010, 04:38:52 PM »
Here you go! I hope you find something...

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #164 on: June 29, 2010, 05:25:46 PM »
I'm out of clues...your functions.php looks right.
Can you PM me with temporary ftp account information?