• [Mod] Image Annotation (Watermark) 2 0 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: [Mod] Image Annotation (Watermark)  (Read 994820 times)

Offline SLL

• View Profile
[Mod] Image Annotation (Watermark)
« Reply #165 on: May 14, 2003, 11:34:07 AM »
Quote from: andersen
Ok. My server have ImageMagick, do not have GD.
So If I wish to run this annotation -water mark mod. I need GD right?

gif support has nothing to do with annotation mod. just read mod installation instructions:
## Requirements:  GD2 Library compiled with Freetype support. Also works with ImageMagic,
##                but GD still needed for some functions, which ImageMagic is missing.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #166 on: May 14, 2003, 12:43:54 PM »
Quote from: SLL
if you want to get gif support back and have enough rights on your server, i'd suggest to use patched version of gd library, which you can find here
u forgot add one more "and":
and u know how to do compiling, programming in whatever language the patch writen.... :? :(
if anyone succeed, and can create a patch for GD2 that comes with PHP4.2.3 for windows, I'd really appretiate it! ;)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline ksk

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
hello
« Reply #167 on: May 14, 2003, 07:59:44 PM »
how to instal GD 2.0 on LINUX SERVER?

btw, i saw in v@no gallery, http://come.no-ip.com
there is like a link in uploadform template html

[ ]Add watermark
The text will be embeded in the bottom-right corner of the image
v@no, tell us how u did this hehe :)

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: hello
« Reply #168 on: May 14, 2003, 08:16:22 PM »
Quote from: ksk
there is like a link in uploadform template html

[ ]Add watermark
The text will be embeded in the bottom-right corner of the image

where?
it was not supposed to be for "any" categoryes...only owners of "Member Personal Category" can chose add or not the watermark when uploading in their categories...
where did u see it? 8O u are not registered, are u? :?
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline ksk

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
hey
« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2003, 01:09:21 AM »
hello, im vidan
hahaha lol :P

is that only for MPC? oh ic
its very good if its for any categories
btw, Again, can u tell me the code haha :)

arigato

Offline Shap

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 18, 2003, 05:47:32 AM »
I've got the "Use auto images annotation on image upload" checked to yes, but everytime I upload an image its not working? Is this a bug or just a problem I'm having?

Offline SLL

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 18, 2003, 09:53:45 AM »
Quote from: Shap
Is this a bug or just a problem I'm having?

I know 20+ galleries using this Mod... So, is it a bug or your problem?  :lol:  You're providing not enough information to help you...

Offline SLL

• View Profile
v.1.3
« Reply #172 on: May 23, 2003, 11:45:44 AM »
Version 1.3 available for download.

New in v.1.3

• You can choose the annotation method now: text annotation or embedded PNG image (logo, text, etc.). Image embedding (hopefully) works with ImageMagick even if GD library is not installed on your server.

I'd appreciate if this MOD users send to sll@dalnet.ru translation to your languages (including English/German text corrections, if any), so I could include it into MOD package.

Offline eurohp

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 27, 2003, 04:21:09 PM »
Hi, the MOD is great, but I have one little problem, I'm using NetPBM for making thumbnails, because the quality with GD is too bad.
Now my question: Is it possible to use NetPBM for making thumbnails and GD for annotations?

Thanks for help

Offline SLL

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2003, 04:26:32 PM »
Quote from: eurohp
Now my question: Is it possible to use NetPBM for making thumbnails and GD for annotations?

No. Since this mod processing the whole image (not only thumb), then with GD your image gonna be the same poor quality, as thumbs.

If smbd teach me, how to run NetPBM on win machine - I could try to use it for annotation...

Offline popo

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 29, 2003, 03:58:27 PM »
what a good mod! but I have tried many times, just nothing on the picture I upload.

the test.php scripts run susccesfully on my system, my system is: sun solaris8 + apache2.0.43 + gd2.0.12(with freetype support) + php4.3.1(complied with gd support & freetype support) + imagemagick5.5.7.

I have no idea now, can u help me pls ?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #176 on: May 29, 2003, 04:03:47 PM »
did u anable it in the settings?

Offline eurohp

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 29, 2003, 11:58:57 PM »
Quote from: SLL

No. Since this mod processing the whole image (not only thumb), then with GD your image gonna be the same poor quality, as thumbs.

No, I've tested it. If I make thumbnails with GD they have poor quality, but if I only watermark the uploaded Image with GD, the quality is the same great quality as it is without watermark. Then I have to change manualy to NetPBM to make the thumbnails.
I upload all my Images with ftp. So I have to use every time the "Batch Annotate" to watermark my Pictures.
Now my question again: Is it possible to use NetPBM as standart setting in 4images and only change the options in the "Batch Annotate - Script" to use GD  :?:

Offline popo

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2003, 04:46:51 AM »
Quote from: V@no
did u anable it in the settings?

yes, I set it enable.

I select  "embedding image" for Annotation, it seems good, a gd-png image appear on the picture I upload. but when I select "text" for Annotation, just nothing on the picture I upload. the system would have someting problem ?

Offline SLL

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 30, 2003, 08:33:53 AM »
Quote from: eurohp
No, I've tested it. If I make thumbnails with GD they have poor quality, but if I only watermark the uploaded Image with GD, the quality is the same great quality as it is without watermark.

If you're satisfied with GD image quality, than you don't have to use NetPBM at all. Go /includes/constants.php and set:
Code: [Select]
// If you use GD higher 2.0.1 and PHP higher 4.0.6 set this to 1.
// Your thumbnails will be created with better quality
define('CONVERT_IS_GD2', 1);