Author Topic: Moving the Gallery to a New Server  (Read 4168 times)

Offline Mark Gunter

• View Profile
    • http://www.allservico.com/
Moving the Gallery to a New Server
« on: November 16, 2005, 08:23:21 PM »
In the posts I've searched, what I find mostly are posts by people who've moved and forgotten to change permissions to 777 for media, etc. . . . IOW, no helpful information on how best to move gallery. Any advice on how to make a painless move before I actually start will be appreciated.

SITUATION
I am giving the gallery to someone else, and it will have to migrate to his server. Version 1.7.0 gallery, modded and templated http://allservico.com/gallery

How best to install this?

1. Move all files from allservico.com/gallery to new directory . . .
2. Create new MySQL database with same name on new server and populate all fields with info from present db . . .

Are there any configuration files in 4Images that will need to be changed/tweak to make everything work?

I do not know much about MySQL - is there anyone out there who may have some advice on least painful way to set up db on new server, preserving info from present gallery?

Thanks for looking . . .

Regards,
Mark

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Moving the Gallery to a New Server
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 01:15:41 AM »
1) move ALL files from one server to another, check the permissions
2) make a backup of your 4images database
3) update config.php on new server with the correct information
4) restore the database backup on new server

done.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)