Author Topic: "Error uploading image file"  (Read 16634 times)

Offline LunaPark

• View Profile
Re: "Error uploading image file"
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2006, 12:32:55 PM »
It did'nt solve my problem but made the same problem as Sead.
So I turned it back.

Andim still getting the message

"Error uploading image file"

Offline vinceS

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: "Error uploading image file"
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2006, 01:26:28 PM »
Oh, I came here hoping to find the cause to the problem, but here it ain't. I can tell you half of it, like how to fix it but I don't know what went wrong. If you go to the Gallery directory then data then media and thumbnails in turn, what you will find is the numbered directories that relate to the ID numbers of the categories you are trying to put pictures up in are missing, or at least this was what was wrong for me.

I just put a new directory with the correct number in each of those data directories and suddenly I can put pictures up without error. I have looked and find all directories that have no pictures are missing, this includes if they have no pictures but have sub categories.

I am a bit amazed by this as I would expect the directory to be created if it didn't exist, rather than give an error. I don't know what has changed. I originally set up 4 images in Dec 2005 including a heap of sub categories I expected to put pictures in. With this error earlier today I went and upgraded from 1.7.1 to 1.7.2 but it made no difference to the problem. Then I discovered the work around above.

This seems to be a pretty serious problem to me. Of course I do not understand how the programming details all work, I don't know if setting up categories makes a directory at the same time. Unfortunately I have got it working nice then messed my stuff up when I have been moving directories around thinking I could reorganise by FTP but I have broken the link to the tracking database and stuffed up more by restoring old database backups, realising what a mess that makes since can't reassociate the image data which is still there OK so I have to repair my own stupidity the hard way on an image by image basis. I only came here before doing that to try and sort out the base problem, but it looks like I leave empty handed. Hopefully a 4 images guru will spot this and make a meaningful comment or suddenly recognise the howling blunder that has been made somewhere and there will be a better reply posted here soon.