Author Topic: No images or photo  (Read 5437 times)

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
No images or photo
« on: April 06, 2007, 07:25:23 PM »
I looked throughout the forum but not luck (my search term was "no image" which gave me 199 files to look at - ugh 8O

I have registered users -- some upload their photo and some  do not. It is the ones who do not upload a photo that concerns me. I'm not good at SQL but wanted to know of a query that would list all registered users who does not have a photo along with their email address. If I knew such a query, I could export the list of members and email them (I have a program that can import the list).

The query would have to show the users who did not upload a photo and their email address.

As a side note, the biggest problem I have on my site is how to handle the membes who do not upload a photo. I use custom profiles to make 4images into a dating site. For those who do not upload a photo, I wish a default graphic could be put in place saying no photo at this time, but one coming. I just don't have the skill to do it.

Any thoghts, suggestions, etc, would be appreciated. I hope someone knows the sql query to solve my email problem.

Thanks

Offline CeJay

• View Profile
Re: No images or photo
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 09:11:09 PM »
Not 100% sure if your using [MOD] Member personal photo v1.1.1 by V@no, but if you are look here:
http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=6797.msg34005#msg34005

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 05:06:37 PM »
Thanks

I will look it over and see it the mod helps.

Thanks again

steve

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 08:14:11 PM »
I installed the personal photo  mod....great mod but it doesn't do what I need. The mod has it's own data folder for pix and the member uploads the pix through edit profile.

My problem has to do with those who do not upload an image for the gallery (not personal profile). If I have 10 people register and out of those 10, 8 upload a photo, I was hoping there was a way to search and find the two users who did not upload a photo to the gallery.

I know with only 10 users it would be easy to eye ball who does and does not have a photo, but when you start to get into the thousands of registered users, it would be beneficial to do a search from the ACP to find those who did not upload a photo and send them an email.

I have searched for this solution for some time now and can't seem to find one and maybe never will. The key is to find members who are registered and did not upload a photo to the gallery.

If anyone knows of an sql query or mod that does this I'd be grateful. If it is an sql query, I would need  the email address in the query and I could download the results to a CSV file and input it into my mass email program to send to members who did not upload a photo after registering.

thanks

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 06:09:11 AM »
No sql experts that can help??

May I ask one of the moderators a question about what is going on? I couldn't help to notice that some of the regulars that use to post here do not anymore: V@NO, Oracle, Chris, etc. I don't think Jan even  posts anymore.

Was there a shift in personnel and others have taken over?

I really miss V@no. That guy was always helping and seem to have  the answers no matter the question. What happen to him? Just curious.

Of course my biggest fear is that 4images is dying. The board is not as busy as it use to be. Are there plans upgrade 4images in the future or is it a dying breed?

Ok, back to my original SQL question. If anyone has the answer to my post above would appreciate it.

Thanks