Author Topic: User change photo  (Read 4074 times)

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
User change photo
« on: February 28, 2007, 08:16:48 PM »
I have my gallery set up so the user can upload his own photo. I also use the mod to limit users uploads.

When the user edits his photo, there is no option for him to replace the current photo with another photo/upload.  He can only edit his description, keywords, etc.

Is there a way for the user to edit or replace a photo? The user does not want to upload another photo, only replace the one they have on file with a new one. As it is now, they have to delete their current photo to upload a new one or  bug the admin if they want to change their photo.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
Re: User change photo
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 04:11:27 AM »
anyone, please

Offline KurtW

• 4images Guru
    • View Profile
    • Malediven-Bilder ~~Dreams~~
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 04:40:34 AM »
Hi,

the user can delete the foto  :wink:

cu
Kurt

Offline CeJay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 07:19:49 AM »
The user does not want to upload another photo, only replace the one they have on file with a new one.

I don't understand the problem because to change the photo they would have to upload a new one anyway.   :wink:
It can not just appear with out  uploading it.  8O

So have them upload a new one and just copy and paste the keywords, description, etc. into the new one when on the upload form.

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 01:19:09 PM »
I made many changes to the upload form so the user has to provide data: For example: dob, religion, education, hobbies, etc, etc, etc. So copy and paste is not so easy.

The admin can replace a current photo without any problems. However, I want to make it as automated as possible for the end  user and let them do their own editing.

Is it not possible to adapt the editimage template so the user can replace his photo without having to upload a new photo or delete it and start over?