Author Topic: Users cant edit or delete  (Read 3629 times)

Offline silver_2000

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Users cant edit or delete
« on: March 29, 2003, 04:56:57 AM »
In the past users could edit/delete their own photos.  Recently that changed.  I have tried to think what I have changed that might have affected it but haven't found it yet.  ( we recently changed web servers, and in the process changed a number of things )

I have searched here but haven't found any solution that works.

I have replaced all the templates with the defaults and have replaced the PHP files in the root as well and no help.

4images is integrated with Vbulletin.  Runs on one of Ventures Onlines Linux server.    The user in question is a member of a group I created in VB to give some folks visibility to a hidden forum.  BUT when I changed him back to a "registered user" he still couldn't delete.  

The issue clearly is a permission issue.  If I change the user to Admin he can delete his images, ( and everyone else's )

I checked the database and the user is listed as the owner of the pictures in the DB.

I registered as a new user and it was able to upload a picture and was able to edit/delete that picture.

The forum is at http://www.talonclub.com/4images

Anyone have any ideas ?

UPDATE - Its not all users - Just some..  Got report from another user that can delete.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2003, 11:08:04 AM »
well, I think I'm having problem to login to your gallery.
after the registration, before I actual activated account, I logged in, and it was ok, but after I clicked on activation link in received email, I couldnt login...even though it sais "thank you for loggin in, " I still stays not logged in to the gallery. Only if I do login through the forum.
but I tryed upload a picture and was able edit it and delete it.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline silver_2000

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2003, 11:59:08 AM »
THanks for taking the time to reply

The login issue is related to cookies.  It appears that the system is giving out a diff cookie when you login to the forum that when you login to 4images.  NOt sure but one aooears to be coming from talonclub.com and one from www.talonclub.com.  Dont know much about cookies and havent spent a great deal of time on this issue.

The forum has some cookie settings in options and I have tried to address the issue there.. But it still is a problem - At one point I had edited the 4images templates to disable the login links and instead redirect to the forum login links - I may have lost those edits when I replaced the templates back to the defaults to troubleshoot these issues.  I take another look at the cookies issue tomorrow

As I mentioned in my original post when I registered a new user it allowed me to add and delete pictures as is expected.  But at least one user ( the 3rd user to sign up on the forum a year ago ) is having issues editing and deleting,  I bet some other folks will find they also are having trouble, I have asked folks t o check and provide me feedback.  So far it is just this one user but I have only received feedback from 2 users so far.
THANKS !!
Doug