Author Topic: Updating Image gallery from 1.7.6 to 1.7.7  (Read 3555 times)

Offline Torm

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Updating Image gallery from 1.7.6 to 1.7.7
« on: August 03, 2009, 04:11:40 PM »
I have just installed your 4images gallery and find it one of the best i have seen so far, i am a novice at website building and have done pretty well up til now. When i installed this and i logged in it said there was an update which iknew there would be, however in my cp of my host after i installed the 1.7.6 version it then said that you are able to update this ? Well i was wondering as i am not too great on installation right now if some one would be able to update. I have searched the forums for this question and have not found anything so far. So i thought i would post here and ask away only way i can be told i guess. I am a bit scared of doing this myself some of it is so confusing to me and likewise i am starting out, it took me 3 weeks to build one page for my site  but i go there in the end. If someone could point me in the right place as to where i ask for this i would very much appreciate it.
I do not want to add anything to my gallery yet if a update is needed many thanks

Torm

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Updating Image gallery from 1.7.6 to 1.7.7
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 04:42:44 PM »
Hello and welcome to 4images forum. I'm glad you liked 4images.

In 4images 1.7.7 topic you can find the changes and loooong upgrade instructions for manual upgrade.
However, if you didn't modify much in your v1.7.6 (in .php files), then you'd better off just download v1.7.7 and upload it's content over your existing gallery, overwriting existing files. You can skip templates though. But I must warn you, by doing so, you'll undo any changes you've made before. Either way go, you won't loose your images, cetegories and settings.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Torm

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Updating Image gallery from 1.7.6 to 1.7.7
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 06:02:03 PM »
ok thank you for the help, i know this is going to sound real dumb, but what files do i upload the whole folder or parts of it,  in the same place of where i installed the gallery? when i look at the long instructions it is sooo confusing from someone that does not know hardly much about this sort of thing, you see with my website i got everything in it real basic for beginners.

Torm