Author Topic: IPTC Keywords Are Cut Off  (Read 7805 times)

Offline nickd

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
IPTC Keywords Are Cut Off
« on: January 16, 2008, 08:28:23 PM »
I'm having an issue with the IPTC Keywords being cut off at the second line in the form box. Maybe it's happening after a certain amount of characters. Anyhow at some point some of the keywords are cut off sometimes in mid word when I click to insert IPTC info. It's not an issue of reaching the max amount of characters for the field because I can paste in the IPTC into the form and it will all stay in tact. It only gets cut off on some of the images where keywords reach the 2nd line and when I upload the photos. If I check the image in PhotoShop or Bridge all of the keywords are still there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Offline neon87

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: IPTC Keywords Are Cut Off
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 11:50:07 PM »
I've got the same problem. So i'm looking forward for someone who is able to fix that problem

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 12:21:51 AM »
please provide an image to test with.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline neon87

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 07:47:31 AM »
I just figured out that the problem is the transfer from the IPTC data in the pictures itself to the admin panel. When i'm using the "IPTC Keywords" Button to import the Keywords the Keywords are cut off. When i'm adding them manually everything is working. So it should not be a problem with my Template.

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 07:55:17 AM »
Still need an image to test with.
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline neon87

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 08:32:55 AM »
alright i attached an image. With my system the keywords get cut off right after "Dui"

http://www3.pic-upload.de/21.06.09/aq3snc.jpg

Rembrandt

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 10:59:46 AM »
Hi!
alright i attached an image. With my system the keywords get cut off right after "Dui"...
der fehler liegt an dir  oder an dem programm das du dazu verwendest um die IPTC in das bild einzutragen.
so stehen die Keywords im bild drinnen:
Westdeutsche Meisterschaften Leichtathletik Sport 16.11.2009 Duisburg TV Herkenrath Athletenname 400m; Westdeutsche Meisterschaften Leichtathletik Sport 16.11.2009 Dui
der fehler liegt am semikolon, nach 400m.
das gehört dort nicht hin, lösche es raus und dann wird es funktionieren.

mfg Andi

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 12:06:04 PM »
Hi!
alright i attached an image. With my system the keywords get cut off right after "Dui"...
der fehler liegt an dir  oder an dem programm das du dazu verwendest um die IPTC in das bild einzutragen.
so stehen die Keywords im bild drinnen:
Westdeutsche Meisterschaften Leichtathletik Sport 16.11.2009 Duisburg TV Herkenrath Athletenname 400m; Westdeutsche Meisterschaften Leichtathletik Sport 16.11.2009 Dui
der fehler liegt am semikolon, nach 400m.
das gehört dort nicht hin, lösche es raus und dann wird es funktionieren.

mfg Andi
That's probably explains that, because I've checked in a few programs and all of them show keywords that are after semicolon.

Rembrandt

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 12:28:32 PM »
no, look the red mark.
in your text is missing.
Westdeutsche Meisterschaften Leichtathletik Sport 16.11.2009 Dui sburg TV HerkenrathAthletenname 400m; Westdeutsche Meisterschaften Leichtathletik Sport 16.11.2009 Dui
there were only the keywords entered after the semicolon.

mfg Andi

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 12:58:48 PM »
Yes, you are right, what I was trying to say, is that if other programs don't show full list of keywords, then it's not 4images problem...apparently semicolon is not allowed in IPTC...

PHP function iptcparse() returns "Westdeutsche Meisterschaften Leichtathletik Sport 16.11.2009 Dui", nothing else.

Rembrandt

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 01:11:31 PM »
right, it not a 4images problem

mfg Andi

Offline neon87

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 03:21:54 PM »
yes you are right i fixed it.

The problem was, that I used spaces to separate the keywords in Lightroom 2. When I'm using a comma to seperate them everything is working.

Thanks for your help