Author Topic: Quicktime Movies resolution problem  (Read 3777 times)

Offline darkcurves

• View Profile
    • KTM Railway Fan Club - Gallery
Quicktime Movies resolution problem
« on: July 02, 2006, 12:44:10 PM »
I discovered a new problem after updating to 1.7.2 few months ago. I removed the width and height from the mov.html file so that it will automatically resize according to the original clip uploaded. The problem is, it doesn't work for Mov. When i remove the width and height, i get a very small video or VR. It works for WMV, AVI and any other format. When i was using 1.7.1 also had no problems. For examples, i use the code below:

Code: [Select]
<!-- Template file for QuickTime Movies -->
<embed src="{media_src}" border="0" pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/"></embed><br />

I get this http://www.ktmrailwayfan.com/pics/details.php?image_id=9342 . I prefer not to set the width and height because sometimes small videos look ugly on the page. How can i solve this problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Quicktime Movies resolution problem
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 09:04:16 PM »
It has nothing to do with 4images version.
if you dont specify width and height, then its your browser who desides what size it will show.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline darkcurves

• View Profile
    • KTM Railway Fan Club - Gallery
Re: Quicktime Movies resolution problem
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 06:45:44 AM »
Hmm, but previously i didn't have this problem. I am using the same browser too, IE6. Also it works fine for WMV, AVI and MPG when i remove the width and height. Or is this some kinda limitation by Quicktime? Thanks for replying.  :cry: