Author Topic: Is it possible to allow visitors to see the gallery without login?  (Read 4437 times)

Offline Rampal

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Hi,
I have been using and enjoying 4images for a while in my site. I am currently using 1.7.6 version. I have the gallery installed under a protected folder, therefore there is no longer a need to request login to see and protect the contents of the gallery and, therefore, I would like to remove (if possible) the need to login to see the contents of the gallery and to operate with the images (downloading, etc...). Login would be only required to upload images. I have been searching through this forum before posting this question and I have been unable to find any previous thread on this subject, however, I do apologize if I missed something and you have already discussed at length this question.
In anycase I would be most grateful for any comments and suggestions.
regards

Offline Rampal

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to allow visitors to see the gallery without login?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 02:07:40 AM »
Oops!  :oops: I was expecting something really difficult and... it appears there is a nice feature I wasn't aware, namely: altering the features of the categories they can be turned visible to all users without login required. Nice!. No need to change anything, just to play with the configuration of the categories' vision features. Sorry for asking an obvious question.
regards

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 02:11:16 AM »
Welcome to 4images forum.

I'm glad you figured this out on your own :)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Rampal

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 09:27:35 PM »
Thanks, really enjoying this forum. Very useful.
cheers