Author Topic: Search not working on some pages  (Read 3097 times)

Offline dneibert

• View Profile
Search not working on some pages
« on: June 11, 2009, 11:00:30 PM »
The search function is not working on some parts of my site. Is this a 4images issue or have I buggered up my code somehow?

If I search for "girl" here:
http://dananeibertstock.com/~danane5/stock/index.php
search works fine.

Now, if I stay on that page with the search results and search again, I automatically get rerouted to the advanced search page (which means it didn't find any images). This would be a problem if someone came to my site and searched for "girl", saw the results, didn't like them and maybe refined their search to "woman". At that point, they would think I don't have any pictures of a "woman". Anyone with any ideas what is going on?

NEVER MIND! Per the "buggered up my own code" above--that's exactly what I did. All is fixed.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 11:29:19 PM by dneibert »

Offline mawenzi

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Search not working on some pages
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 11:30:56 PM »
... and where is your "Go"-button for the search form ... ?
... in this way the search form can't work well ...

... and one question remains ... here : http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=22365.0 ...
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question ! ( © by V@no )
- please read the Forum Rules ...
- please study the FAQ ...
- please try to Search for your answer ...

You are on search for top 4images MOD's ?
- then please search here ... Mawenzi's Top 100+ MOD List (unsorted sorted) ...

Offline dneibert

• View Profile
Re: Search not working on some pages
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 12:02:32 AM »
Don't need the go button--at least not for now. Most people just hit enter to start the search.

Regarding the license and copyright: when I registered, I noted that my intent is to buy a license and copyright for the software. I just want to evaluate and make sure that I can make it all work before paying for it. My full intent is to pay for it shortly as soon as I figure out a few bugs. The last software I was using (Gallery2), I abandoned because there were too many issues that could not be resolved. I have the site in a test version in a non public directory for now which is what the registration told me to do while I evaluate the software.