Author Topic: Image keywords, description and download link <--how to extract automatically?  (Read 2375 times)

Offline dneibert

• View Profile
I add new images to my site via FTP. I add the thumbnail images to the thumbnail folder. I add the detail images to the media folder. I add the download images to a separate download folder. Then I logon on to my site and use the check for new images function. Here are my issues when I do this:

When I add new images, is there a way to make the IPTC information for the keywords and description automatically import without having to open each and every image in admin and clicking the IPTC button for each image description and keyword?

Also, for the details page, I have the images set to 600 pixels wide. But for the download image, I want people to get a 1200 pixel wide image. So I have a separate folder with the 1200 pixel wide images on the server. But when I add images I have to manually go into each image and input the information of where that 1200 pixel wide image is. Can I modify the import function to automatically enter that info for me. I am using a consistent naming and location for the 1200 pixel wide images (I used the same name for the thumb, detail, and download image but just stored in different folders). So for each image I have:

Thumbnail <--automatically configured for each image by the 4images software
Detail Image  <--automatically configured for each image by the 4images software
Download Image  <--right now I have to edit each image and tell it where to find this.

Thanks for any help on these issues.

More info:
So I think these modifications need to be done in the checkimages.php file. I see everything in the file relating to my above items: image description, image keywords and download URL. I've tried modifying a few lines but can't figure out how to get it done. It looks like it would be a really easy modification but I can't figure it out.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 10:44:03 PM by dneibert »