4images Help / Hilfe > FAQ, Tips

4images Installation

<< < (2/10) > >>

V@no:
you transfer all the files into english folder? huh?
1) make sure your server supports PHP and MySQL
2) make sure when you upload files to the server, only .php, .txt, .sql and .html files must be uploaded in ASCII, the rest must be uploaded in BINARY
3) make sure that you recreate the directory tree as in the original package (if a file is in includes folder, on the server it must be in includes folder as well)

princessew:
After the installation, I went to step where you save the config and now I'm stuck with changing permission of the chmod. I dont see them anywhere, and what are they? should I make them in some folder or is it automatic? Thanks

V@no:
Refer to your FTP client's manual. This is the basics that you must know in order to use ANY scripts.

P.S. try google: "what is CHMOD" ftp (with quotes)

princessew:
Thanks I did that, but I still don't get one thing,  it sais this:

chmod 777 (drwxrwxrwx) : templates/default
 chmod 777 (drwxrwxrwx) : templates/default/media

chmod 666 (-rw-rw-rw-) : all files in the directory "templates/default"
chmod 666 (-rw-rw-rw-) : all files in the directory "templates/default/media"

I don't understand the letters in (), and I haven't seen this when I was changing CHMOD in my FTP client. So sould the chmod be 777 or 666. :oops:

V@no:
666 is equal to -rw-rw-rw- its just different representation of the permissions. Some FTP clients uses numbers only, some uses letters only and some can use either. For you conviniens the author put both in the instructions.

as the instructions said, the folders must be CHMOD 777 and files inside these folders must be CHMOD 666

P.S. I hate to say that, but you seems to know nothing about websites/ftp. maybe you should start with some tutorials (google it) and less advanced and complex scripts then 4images...

good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version