Author Topic: Problem: Can't Install 4images What Am I Doing Wrong?  (Read 5605 times)

Offline TygerStar

• View Profile
Problem: Can't Install 4images What Am I Doing Wrong?
« on: May 13, 2007, 07:44:20 PM »
Hi, I just started with 4images, version 1.7.4, so this is all very new to me. I need better instructions. I uploaded the 4images files to my server and then pointed my browser to the site location and clicked on install. But I don't understand what I am supposed to write in the server host section and I am getting these error messages: Warning: mysql_connect(): Unknown MySQL Server Host 'http' (11001) in

d:\home\Default\thetygersden.com\htdocs\4images\includes\db_mysql.php on line 39

An unexpected error occured. Please try again later.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'thetygersden.com' (10061) in

d:\home\Default\thetygersden.com\htdocs\4images\includes\db_mysql.php on line 39

An unexpected error occured. Please try again later.

I don't understand what to put in the server host line of the installer. And I don't know what is wrong with this either. Am I missing something I need to run this or what should I do to fix this so it will install on my server please? Thank you. Sincerely, TygerStar

Offline Jenn

• View Profile
Re: Problem: Can't Install 4images What Am I Doing Wrong?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 02:15:49 AM »
The host name should be either local host or if your host provides you with a host name thats what you put there. You get that information when you setup your database.

You actually need to setup a database.

You supply the username, database name, password and host name, etc.

Offline TygerStar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 05:39:32 PM »
Thank you. How do you set up a database? That's something I have never done. Is it something I need to do in my domain control panel? Thanks  again. TygerStar

Offline Jenn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 09:00:43 PM »
Should be within your hosting control panel. Each host is different, but either hosting or domain. Just look for MYSQL link or something that states databases.

Offline TygerStar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 09:18:23 PM »
Thank you very much, that fixed the problem and the program installed! Thanks. Problem resolved. :)