Author Topic: Multiple User Groups  (Read 5256 times)

Offline ACmonKey

• View Profile
Multiple User Groups
« on: May 05, 2003, 01:22:13 PM »
Hello all,

First of all YES i have searched the forum with Keyword: "group" and i got 2 pages of results with no clear solution to what i'm looking for.

I need some help for accomplishing the following:

GroupA: Non registered can only see public images.
GroupB: Registered members can see all images except 1 category.
GroupC: Special members can see absolutely all images.

What i'm trying to do is that Group B members can promote to Group C if they are active and collaborating. Then as a sort of reward thay can see all pictures.

If i set a category to private and then "open" for that Group both groups have access and not only Group C as i intend.
I've already created a "special" group and given 1 test category private access. Then i set Group B permission to NO and Group C to YES but both can see the images. Why?

I can only think of 2 problems: First it could have something to do with the data in constants.php file. Mine has the following (as per IBForum integration).

User Levels:
define('GUEST', 0);
define('USER_AWAITING', 1);
define('USER', 3);
define('ADMIN', 4);

Permission levels:
define('AUTH_ALL', 0);
define('AUTH_USER', 3);
define('AUTH_ACL', 3); (Not sure what this is)
define('AUTH_ADMIN', 4);

The other possibility i think of is wrong settings in Group Permissions although i have checked this several times before posting.

Please any help is very much appreciated.
Maybe the 4images Guru (V@no) can help me here? ;)

Best regards,
:(
Here is the list of my unanswered topics:

http://4homepages.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4001
http://4homepages.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5305

btw. V@no is a gr8 guy. He's answered almost all my questions. Thanks V@no ;)

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Multiple User Groups
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 02:44:14 PM »
Quote from: Cr@zy Sash
well i think u can form your own groups... That isn't something which is done by the user level!!!! In the admin panel u can form groups... and whick categories they can watch or upload and so on... It's just a setting thing :lol:

I think, ACmonKey has problem with two different user groups? as I understud that if one group alowed to view images in a category and then for some reason second group can view images too?
is something like that, then I met this kind of "bug" too...when I was writing "Members Personal Category" (it uses users groups) then in some sertain setuation, when I add one user to the list that alowed view images, then for unknown reason another user get added too! I still cant figure out what that happend, I cant even repeat that either...it just happend several times. So, my guess is there is something wrong with the way groups are calculating (still cant figure out how 4images creates the groups...very tricky).
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline ACmonKey

• View Profile
Multiple User Groups
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2003, 12:33:49 PM »
Yep, V@no has understood what i'm trying to do.

The object of all this thread is to have 2 different "registered" user groups with different access levels. Until now both groups have the same access to Private Categories although only one of them should.

I have both groups already created in the Admin Panel.
I have set to "Private" all the options of the selected Category.
I have set for each group the correct Permissions.

Please see attached image for visual explanation.

Although the "normal" registered users have the permissions set to "NO" they do have access.

Any other ideas or help?
:(
Here is the list of my unanswered topics:

http://4homepages.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4001
http://4homepages.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5305

btw. V@no is a gr8 guy. He's answered almost all my questions. Thanks V@no ;)