Author Topic: 100 GUEST SETTING  (Read 5090 times)

Offline __G__

• View Profile
100 GUEST SETTING
« on: November 15, 2009, 06:21:55 AM »
hi i want to stop the d.dos flooder s on my 4images so i only want to allow 100 guest at a time to view my site how do i do that setting ??

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: 100 GUEST SETTING
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 07:10:39 AM »
You won't be able protect your site from ddos via PHP, only your host can protect it.
Even if you limit 100 guests, to process them, the server will need enough resources to detect that they indeed are guests - it's pointless doing so via PHP.

The only solution is to configure the web server to return 502 error (Service Temporarily Overloaded), and it will affect every visitor, not only guests. But then again, server's administrators are only who can help you with that.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline __G__

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 04:04:44 AM »
is there any mod or can a mod be made so like they have to click i accept or something in order to see index.php so that way if there is a automated ddos software trying to flood PHP it will stop that i dont know if i make sense out of this

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 04:55:12 AM »
You make sense, but you fail to understand what ddos is about...
I repeat myself: you can not protect your site from ddos attacks via PHP, it can only be done via firewall or other low-level software on the server itself.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline __G__

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 10:22:12 AM »
Oh ok thanks v@no >:D< and i guess for that i would have to move to dedicated server anyhow thanks for your time >:D<