Author Topic: After installing no pages/how to test mySQL Database  (Read 10296 times)

Offline LJL_Houben

• View Profile
After installing no pages/how to test mySQL Database
« on: March 13, 2006, 09:04:21 PM »
Hi Guys

I resently installed php 5 succesfull on my apache2 server (local on windows xp) also I installed mySQL 5 (latest version) and 4Images. If I open a window and go to the localserver than it shows a message of apache that the login is not allowed (at this time I don't have a index page)

In the same browser window I open nog the index.php page and the install.php is displayed. In these field I fill in the following:
Database Host: 10.0.0.8 (local IP adres)
Database Name: seilbahn (made via console and checked with show databases)
Database Username: root
Database Pasword: ******* (I'm not telling  :wink: )

Administrator UserName: Admin
Administrator Pasword: ******** (Also not telling  :mrgreen:)
Administrator Bestätiogung: ********* (The same as here above

Then I press "start installation"
The site is reloaded and I only see the 4Images picture in the top of the page.
If I manualy start the index.php page again, than the installation window is shown again with no data.

Now for the questions:
1) Are all the settings correct intepreted? eg. is the host name correct? or do I have to name it after the computer?
2) Did I have to make the database in mySQL for myself or does 4Images do this automaticaly?
3) How can I test if the mySQL database is correctly working?

If you have any remarks that can help.....PLEASE!!!!!

Cheers

Ludo

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: After installing no pages/how to test mySQL Database
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 01:06:37 AM »
1) looks good to me, you might want to try use localhost for the database host address.
2) yes, you did good, database must be created before you'll be able install 4images.
3) well, its hard to tell, try download phpmyadmin
4) did you check apache and php log files?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline LJL_Houben

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 06:15:29 PM »
Hi V@no

Thanks for the quick reply. I checked the apache error log, and I found next entries:

[Mon Mar 13 20:03:08 2006] [error] [client 10.0.0.8] Directory index forbidden by rule: J:/4images/
[Mon Mar 13 20:03:53 2006] [error] [client 10.0.0.8] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in J:\4images\includes\db_mysql.php on line 39, referer: http://10.0.0.8//install.php
[Mon Mar 13 20:05:51 2006] [error] [client 10.0.0.8] script 'J:/4images/admin/install.php' not found or unable to stat
[Mon Mar 13 20:05:56 2006] [error] [client 10.0.0.8] script 'J:/4images/admin/install.php' not found or unable to stat
[Mon Mar 13 20:05:59 2006] [error] [client 10.0.0.8] script 'J:/4images/admin/install.php' not found or unable to stat
[Mon Mar 13 20:06:36 2006] [error] [client 10.0.0.8] script 'J:/4images/admin/install.php' not found or unable to stat
[Mon Mar 13 20:06:39 2006] [error] [client 10.0.0.8] script 'J:/4images/admin/install.php' not found or unable to stat
[Mon Mar 13 20:38:08 2006] [error] [client 10.0.0.8] Directory index forbidden by rule: J:/4images/
[Mon Mar 13 20:39:49 2006] [error] [client 10.0.0.8] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in J:\4images\includes\db_mysql.php on line 39, referer: http://10.0.0.8//install.php
[Mon Mar 13 21:08:08 2006] [error] [client 10.0.0.8] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in J:\4images\includes\db_mysql.php on line 39, referer: http://10.0.0.8//install.php?install_lang=english
[Mon Mar 13 21:08:56 2006] [error] [client 10.0.0.8] script 'J:/4images/test.php' not found or unable to stat

For php I can't find any error logs, where would I find them? As I look at these errors, I would say that the mySQL is not correctly installed. I'm currently downloading the phpmyAdmin software. I will install it and look what happens.

Cheers

Ludo

Offline LJL_Houben

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 06:26:50 PM »
Installed myPHPAdmin

Opened the index.php page in a browser window and I got next message (in Dutch)

Kan de mysql extentie niet laden,<br />Controleer de PHP Configuratie

Translation:
Can't load the mysql extension,<br /> Check the PHP Configuration

The help said that I miss a function called mysql.so or php_mysql.dll so I'm going to look if I miss it and install it when nessesary. Keep you updated.

Cheers

Ludo

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 02:01:23 AM »
look in php.ini
and then you can check what is currently activated in your php with phpinfo.php:
Code: [Select]
<?php
phpinfo
();
?>
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline LJL_Houben

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 06:40:47 PM »
Checked with php info, but I don't know how to start the logging  :oops:

Ok update about mySQL. Got the php server to load the php_mysqli.dll module. I get now next error in phpmyadmin:
Welkom op phpMyAdmin 2.8.0.1

Probably reason of this is that you did not create configuration file. You might want to use setup script to create one.

Fout
MySQL retourneerde: 

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Open new phpMyAdmin window 

If I open the setup script page I get next errors/messages:
Welcome
You want to configure phpMyAdmin using web interface. Please note that this only allows basic setup, please read documentation to see full description of all configuration directives.
Can not load or save configuration
Please create web server writable folder config in phpMyAdmin toplevel directory as described in documentation. Otherwise you will be only able to download or display it.
Not secure connection
You are not using secure connection, all data (including sensitive, like passwords) are transfered unencrypted! If your server is also configured to accept HTTPS request follow this link to use secure connection.
Available global actions (please note that these will delete any changes you could have done above):

Servers  Layout       Features       Configuration       Other actions

What and how do I setup this script? I tried to add some data, but I can't save it, is it just the configuration of mysql ? or is the mysql database still not correctly integrated in the php server? Thanks for your reply.

Cheers

Ludo

Offline LJL_Houben

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 07:27:58 PM »
Tried to make a config file  :roll: now I get a lot of chinese charakters here's the config file,maybe someone can spot any mistakes....

<?php
/*
 * Generated configuration file
 * Generated by: phpMyAdmin 2.8.0.1 setup script by Michal Čihař <michal@cihar.com>
 * Version: $Id: setup.php,v 1.23.2.2 2006/02/06 11:01:48 nijel Exp $
 * Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 18:23:53 GMT
 */

/* Servers configuration */
$i = 0;

/* Server 10.0.0.8 (http) [1] */
$i++;
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['bookmarktable'] = 'pma_bookmark';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['relation'] = 'pma_relation';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['table_info'] = 'pma_table_info';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['table_coords'] = 'pma_table_coords';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['pdf_pages'] = 'pma_pdf_pages';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['column_info'] = 'pma_column_info';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['history'] = 'pma_history';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = '10.0.0.8';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['compress'] = false;
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controluser'] = 'Admin';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlpass'] = '*********';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'http';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['pmadb'] = '**********';

/* End of servers configuration */

$cfg['AllowAnywhereRecoding'] = true;
$cfg['DefaultCharset'] = 'iso-8859-1';
$cfg['RecodingEngine'] = 'iconv';
$cfg['IconvExtraParams'] = '//TRANSLIT';
$cfg['LeftFrameLight'] = true;
$cfg['LeftFrameDBTree'] = true;
$cfg['LeftFrameDBSeparator'] = '_';
$cfg['LeftFrameTableSeparator'] = '__';
$cfg['LeftFrameTableLevel'] = 1;
$cfg['LeftDisplayLogo'] = true;
$cfg['LeftDisplayServers'] = false;
$cfg['LeftPointerEnable'] = true;
?>

Offline LJL_Houben

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 06:55:25 PM »
OK Got PhpAdmin up and running, I can read and view the databasis. Now I still have the problem that if I start the install.php of Images I don't come any further  :cry: I made the correct database in mySQL, but it is completely empty. Is this a problem? ......HELP  8O

Greetings

Ludo

PS Is there a usermanual?

Offline IcEcReaM

• View Profile
    • My little Testboard
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 06:57:34 PM »
something like an manual can be found in folder /docs
Coding is a everlasting competition between programmers who tries to write larger, better and idiot-safe programs and the universe producing larger and stupider idiots...
...so far the universe won
bump

Offline LJL_Houben

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 07:00:18 PM »
I only find some *.txt files there  :(

Offline LJL_Houben

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 08:51:35 PM »
Can somebody give send me a config file, than I can try to config it manualy, because I still don't have any clue how to get this software to run. Php and MySQL seems to be installed correctly with the latest versions.

Kann jemand mich eine config.php file geben, damit ich manuell versuchen kann Sie zu ändern. Ich habe bis jetzt immer noch keine Ahnung wie ich diese Software am laufen bekommen muss. Es sieht aus alsob PHP und MySQL richtig configuriert sind mit die letzten Versionen.

Greetz

Ludo

PS Antworten in Deutsch sind auch Wilkommen!!!/ Antwoorden in het Nederlands mogen ook!!!

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2006, 03:47:35 AM »
Its the FAQ if you need it.

Offline LJL_Houben

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2006, 09:54:37 PM »
War doch eine einstellungs sache  :oops: musste nicht nur php_mysqli.dll sondern auch noch php_mysql.dll starten. Alles läuft jetzt soweit.

@Vino danke für die Hilfe

Gruss

Ludo