Author Topic: Logged in but can't Adjust Settings in Control Panel as Admin  (Read 6088 times)

Offline kentrl

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Greetings,

After a few days of searching I cant seem to find something directly related to my issue.  Im having a problem when I login into the Control Panel to adjust anything.  When I sign in as admin it shows me logging in but as soon as I click on on anything on the menu from the left to adjust it prompts me to login again.  I have actually successfully managed to stay logged in and change some of the options in the Settings twice but then it continues to prompt me to login once again.  Something else interesting is when the Control Panel is loading up it doesnt load the header of the page.  The Header has loaded twice since I installed and thats it.  I thought maybe its a cookie problem but this is not the issue as Ive checked my PC settings and confirmed plus I dont have this issue with any of my php/mysql based boards.  I simply cant stay logged in for more than 60 seconds to do anything.  Any ideas? 

Thanks, ROB

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Logged in but can't Adjust Settings in Control Panel as Admin
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 09:38:05 PM »
maybe something wrong with your server's sessions configuration...
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline kentrl

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 11:08:49 PM »
maybe something wrong with your server's sessions configuration...

If this was the case I am thinking it would affect me in the same way on my other php/mysql based messagebaords, which it does not.  Thanks for the reply though.  Anyone else have any ideas?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 02:59:15 AM »
If this was the case I am thinking it would affect me in the same way on my other php/mysql based messagebaords, which it does not. Thanks for the reply though. Anyone else have any ideas?
that's just an assumption without facts.
what happend if u login as admin from the members page, not ACP?
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline kentrl

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 03:15:37 AM »
You are right I am just assumming but it stands to reason if it was a session server issue it would affect other stuff Im signed into and not just 4Images.

Hmmmm, I signed in from the members page (which I should have already tried) and it seems to be working that way.   I wonder why.  Anyway, thanks for pointing out a obvious choice that I should have done before posting.

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2005, 04:06:36 AM »
You are right I am just assumming but it stands to reason if it was a session server issue it would affect other stuff Im signed into and not just 4Images.
not necerly. Not every software are using php sessions, in fact, 4images prior v1.7.1 was not using that either, it was using database to store sessions.

Offline kentrl

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2005, 06:00:04 AM »
gotcha!  Thanks for your help