Author Topic: Auto-thumbnails and Database questions  (Read 5491 times)

Offline Shap

• View Profile
Auto-thumbnails and Database questions
« on: April 06, 2003, 10:51:49 AM »
First, I'm having problems with my autothumbnailer for some reason it just stoped working, and I get "error creating thumbnail" but when I add an image using the "upload" button in a tempate, it auto creates the thumbnails fine....

Second is the database, what is it used for? And yes I know this is a stupid question. I'm wondering because I see the files all in data/1... ect.

I switched hosts and dont have the same database name right now, everything "seems" to work ok, but I'll create on to be safe

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2003, 03:55:26 PM »
all your pictures stores in /data/XXXX/ folders, and in database stores information about those pictures, users, categories, settings and so on.
4images can no live without database ;) :lol:
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Shap

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2003, 08:59:03 PM »
ok, since the autothumbnailer works when I use the "upload" button on the NON admin page, does this kinda mean, the code has gotten messed up somewhere for the admin part?

Just trying to figure out if its my host or my code.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2003, 09:06:33 PM »
maybe u should look back the last changes u did in the code?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Shap

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2003, 10:40:30 PM »
I wish I could, I didn't notice for a while, by that time I had altered a ton of files.

If one comes to mind it would have to be when I tried altering a specific catagorie page, but don't see how that would change anything.

Offline Shap

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2003, 11:42:39 PM »
well turns out it's the images that are the problem  :!:  Im not sure whats up with them, they are different looking but are jpegs, for some reason it won't create thumbnails of them, they are all pics from a series.

anyway

thanks for the help