Author Topic: adding a .shtml page  (Read 5087 times)

Offline Shap

• View Profile
adding a .shtml page
« on: April 05, 2003, 09:54:32 PM »
I'm trying to add a "news" page, and i'm using a script that requires the page to be "news.shtml" not .html, how can I get 4images to recognize or work with an .shtml page? I've tried but it just seems to not recognize it at all.

Offline Chris

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?
    • View Profile
adding a .shtml page
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2003, 02:36:37 AM »
One solution for this senario is to place an inline frame somewhere in your template where you want the output of the included script to appear.  The HTML code for this would look something like this:
Code: [Select]
<iframe src="/polls/latest.php" width="150" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Offline Shap

• View Profile
adding a .shtml page
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2003, 03:33:12 AM »
so for an IFrame I need another basic page?

like I have news.html, if i want an iframe somewhere in that I need to create a basic page like "iframe.html" and the link to it like:

<iframe src="/iframe.html" width="150" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

?

Offline Chris

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?
    • View Profile
adding a .shtml page
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2003, 06:05:43 AM »
Hve you tried this?

<iframe src="/news.shtml" width="150" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

This goes in whatever 4images template .html file you want to show your news.shtml

Offline Shap

• View Profile
adding a .shtml page
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2003, 08:26:54 AM »
yeah, I got it to work, but the way I did it was I made the iframe html file, called it news.shtml and placed it in my site.com/news.shtml then, i inserted the iframe code in the tempalate and pointed it to that file.

Works fine, but I'm having some problems with SSI on my server.