Author Topic: Imagemagik path  (Read 9481 times)

Offline Shap

• View Profile
Imagemagik path
« on: March 17, 2003, 11:58:59 PM »
I know there are a ton of posts about imagemagik, but none gave me an answer to what I need.

I just switched hosts to a server that has imagemagik installed, they gave me the path, but 4images is saying the path is incorrect.

the path is: /usr/X11R6/bin/convert

Does it need the convert at the end? And is there any reason why this would say its the wrong path if it is the right?

Not sure what to do because my host is saying its the correct path.

Offline Shap

• View Profile
Imagemagik path
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2003, 12:22:59 AM »
nm, must be a host problem..

Offline birwin

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
This May Help
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2003, 07:26:54 AM »
Hello,

I know this is an old post, but I recently ran into the same problem with my hosting company.  This info could probably help so many others that run into this problem as well.

For some reason:
/usr/X11R6/bin/convert  did not work,

But the following path did:

/usr/X11R6/bin/mogrify

This just points to a different file in the imagemagick installation.

Hope this helps.
Post back to let me know.

Brian-

Offline Piotras

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Imagemagik path
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2003, 08:49:34 AM »
I changed it to convert and mogrify and still get the same problems

andersen

Imagemagik path
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2003, 08:50:27 AM »
Or some one have done a good job on this question, please kindly provide your path for us to survey.

Any one know the default ImageMagick path?

andersen

Imagemagik path
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2003, 08:56:40 AM »
Just additional some tips as below,

I had log into my FTP server, I had found that in my /usr/X11r6/bin do not have the file "convert" and "mogrify". That is why when I set this two files are not working.

Can Expect lend your hand?

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Imagemagik path
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2003, 12:59:30 PM »
no expert help needed, just ask your host about the path.
each host can install anything in ANY path they want to, so there is no "global" path to IM.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

andersen

Imagemagik path
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2003, 01:21:37 PM »
Dear V@no,

Do you had uses Webmin before?

Actually the ImageMagick is intall by myself. I do not have any host. I am the host. I own this dedicated server.

Have any guide line to check it out?

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Imagemagik path
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2003, 04:14:55 PM »
Quote from: andersen
Do you had uses Webmin before?

No, I dont use it, try ones though.

Quote from: andersen
Actually the ImageMagick is intall by myself. I do not have any host. I am the host. I own this dedicated server.

well, ok, this is "not yours" server untill u can come to it and unplug it from the power ;)
my point is, even thought u have "your own" dedicated server, there is must be someone who checking on it, who installing software, such as OS, Webmin, blah blah. Yes, the Webmin is actlualy anabling/disabling what ever u tell it to, but still there is must be a person who does the support for any problems could accure for u, as customer. Also, there is must a some documentation for how to u use some features, some parts of software and so on.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

andersen

Imagemagik path
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2003, 04:24:44 PM »
well, ok, this is "not yours" server untill u can come to it and unplug it from the power  
my point is, even thought u have "your own" dedicated server, there is must be someone who checking on it, who installing software, such as OS, Webmin, blah blah. Yes, the Webmin is actlualy anabling/disabling what ever u tell it to, but still there is must be a person who does the support for any problems could accure for u, as customer. Also, there is must a some documentation for how to u use some features, some parts of software and so on.

Yep, you are right. Thanks again, I had improving my English experience again.  :lol:

I had sent the question to my host, still haven't received his reply yet, once have any news, I will back to this thread soon.

andersen

Imagemagik path
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2003, 06:35:33 PM »
Finally I got my own ImageMagick path as below,

/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux/auto/Image/Magick/Magick.so

Hope might be above address will also suite for some user.

Good Luck!

Offline SLL

• View Profile
Imagemagik path
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2003, 07:45:45 PM »
The default path to IM binary (or symlink) on *nix machine should be /usr/local/bin/convert