Author Topic: Show High Score  (Read 6098 times)

Offline kar76

• View Profile
Show High Score
« on: May 20, 2012, 11:24:09 AM »
Hello Friends  :)

Is there any mod which show for every game high scored user and his score?

I search forum for this and didn't found anything about this.

if someone know about this, help will be appreciated.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Show High Score
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 12:39:29 PM »
First thing first, what games? And then, what score?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline kar76

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 02:50:02 PM »
Hello V@no

I try to configure 4images to add .swf files.

But if any user play game and got high score then it will be good to save high score for particular game.

I don't know how do this. Is here any mod for this? or you know how to configure for to save score?

Offline kar76

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 09:44:43 PM »
Isn't here anyone who can help me in this regard??

Offline budduke

• View Profile
    • http://www.budduke.com
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 11:03:48 PM »
I think I understand what you are wanting but the high score would be an option in the swf file itself.
I am not a game designer but I am assuming that the scores would have to stored somewhere. when you look at the directory where these swf files are at, do you see any kind of txt file that might have the scores listed in it?
The only thing that 4images does is let you view/play the swf file inside the details screen of the gallery. It does not interact with the swf file outside of just playing it.

That sound like an interesting idea, but the only downside that I can think of is that the swf file does not know who is logged into the 4images site to actually put that username with the score that is recorded.
Can you provide me with a link where I can download a couple of swf files from your site?
I will not make any promises because if we did get it working, it would be based on how that game designer stored his scores and every SWF file may do this differenty.

EDIT:
It looks like you might be out of luck. I googled around and asked a few people. Teh SWF game has to have some kind of code embedded into it to call a php file and pass the highscore variable to the php file, which means you have to be able to open the flash file in an editor and create the link inside of it in order to send the score to the webpage.
I do not have any flash editing tools, but like I said above, if your games are already creating a txt file with the info inside it, maybe something can be done but not positive without more research.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 01:07:37 AM by budduke »
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com