Author Topic: IMPORTANT  (Read 5399 times)

Offline giffy007

• View Profile
IMPORTANT
« on: July 20, 2002, 01:18:42 AM »
I would just like to say this is a great script  , but as you read the forums people need some thing to use with there forums , a lot of people are going else where to find this missing part to make this script perfect and i think 4images will fall behind if there isnt a mod or a update so they can use there forums and 4images scripts together and thats a shame.

Will there be anything like this in the furture , and when  :?:

Giffy
:wink:

Offline Chris

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?
    • View Profile
What can I say?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2002, 02:40:09 AM »
I think 4images is the BEST PHP/mySQL image gallery solution out there.  And I can understand the value of integrating it with forum scripts like vBulletin and phpbb, etc.  But I also like the fact that the author(s) is focusing on maturing the script and adding new features.

As a photographer with a personal web site, this solution suits me perfectly since I don't use forums... well that's half true.

I would still like to see some API (interface) developed to allow for user login information to be shared with other scripts.  Even though I don't use a forum script, I'd like to integrate it with a 3rd party shopping cart solution for my customers to purchase prints on-line.  I'm seriously looking at SunShop http://www.turnkeywebtools.com and it has its own user maintenance, etc.  (If anyone has integrated 4images with a cart system that uses PayPal and a printable order form, please let me know!)

So perhaps an API could be developed in some future release to support integration of member info with 3rd party scripts.

Just my two cents...

Offline giffy007

• View Profile
IMPORTANT
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2002, 01:22:19 PM »
Hi Jan what about an answer will there be any updates of this kind  :?:

Giffy :wink:

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
    • 4images - Image Gallery Management System
IMPORTANT
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2002, 02:23:17 PM »
It is asked about 100 times i think. All i can say is what i said many times:
http://www.4homepages.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3621#3621

Jan
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline giffy007

• View Profile
IMPORTANT
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2002, 03:05:44 PM »
What i really wanted is a date on this ? , is it in the next update or months away before we can see it in 4images.

Maybe i would help if you post updates to come or something so everybody knows whats being worked on and what they can expect in the furture  :!:

Giffy