Author Topic: New 4images user needs help  (Read 6005 times)

Offline Art By Vicky

• View Profile
    • ABV Arts Enterprises
New 4images user needs help
« on: October 23, 2002, 03:51:31 PM »
Hi everyone;

I just installed 4images Gallery and LOVE it!  So easy to install & customize.  I have a few extra customizations, though, that I just can't figure out and need help with.

1) How do I change the agreement wording when someone registers?  I want to add a couple things to it. Can't seem to find the file with this verbiage.

2) I have created a Help page for my members and want to add a link in the {user_box} section to this new page.  I want it to list: Lightbox, Control Panel, Help Page, Log Out.  I can add it manually to each page, but would prefer adding it once with the other links so it propagates to all the appropriate pages.  Where do I find the code to add this link?

3) I would like to add Yahoo Messenger ID and MSN Messenger ID to the registration (like ICQ) and then display this on the member profiles.  How can I do this?  I have added the fields to my database and know the appropriate links to send a message, but am not sure what else needs to be done. Can anyone help?

4) How do I turn image upload validation off?  I want to be notified when they upload, but I don't want to have to validate each upload.  I want it to be added immediately.  How can I do this?

5) For the eCards, how do I change the verbiage on the announcement email?  I want to customize it to make our website name, link, etc. more prominent.  As is, it is very difficult to tell where the eCard came from.  Where can I change the outgoing email message?

I think these are all my questions.  If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it and thank you very much in advance.

Thanks,
Vicky
ABVarts.com
RoundTableWebDesign.com
ArtByVicky.com
League of Animal Artists - AnimalArtists.org

Offline Art By Vicky

• View Profile
    • ABV Arts Enterprises
One more question...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2002, 05:40:30 PM »
How do you edit permissions?  I would like to be able to set the access permissions for individuals users to give other access to my staff members.  I have added a new group for "Gallery Managers" but it does not show up in the dropdown box.  Plus, when I click on Permissions, it doesn't allow me to do anything.  And this is the same when I click on Permissions for an individual user.  It shows all the different catgories and columns for each of the access permissions, but what do I do to grant/deny access for each of these columns?  It almost appears as if the programming for this function is not complete yet.  Is this a function that will be available in the future?

Please help, as I do wish to create gallery managers with limited permissions.

Thank you again...
ABVarts.com
RoundTableWebDesign.com
ArtByVicky.com

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
    • 4images - Image Gallery Management System
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2002, 06:19:54 PM »
Permissions:
 You have to set the actions (i.e. "View Category") to "Private" at the categories edit screen. Create a new usergroup and edit the permissions for this group. Only users added to this group will have the permission for the different actions you have set to "Private".

1) See "lang/english/main.php"

2) Create a new template (i.e. duplicate and edit home.html) called help.html. Then call this template with:
www.yourdomain.com/4images/index.php?template=help

3) See http://www.4homepages.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3277#3277 how to add new image fields

4) You can set "Direct Upload" for the categories to "All" but then you will not get a notification email

5) See "lang/english/email/postcard_message.html"

Jan
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline Art By Vicky

• View Profile
    • ABV Arts Enterprises
Thanks!
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2002, 07:02:57 PM »
Thank you Jan for your quick response to all my questions.  I'd already figured out a couple of them.  I'm confused about your response to my second question, though.

Quote from: Jan
2) Create a new template (i.e. duplicate and edit home.html) called help.html. Then call this template with:
www.yourdomain.com/4images/index.php?template=help

Maybe I'm not understanding your directions correctly.  I've already created my "help.html" page, I just don't want to have to add it's link to each and every page manually, which is what it appears you're saying I need to do. Its easy to add an href statement to each page manually, but I don't want to.  I want the system to add it along with the other links listed under "Logged in as..."  What file lists those links and urls so I can add the new link and it automatically is inserted into all page views?

In other words, all pages would display:

>>Lightbox
>>Control Panel
>>Help Topics
>>Log Out

The code that displays the current links is listed as {user_box}, but I can't find anything about a "user_box" anywhere in any of the files.  Being able to add a link to one specific file would allow me to add other pages on the fly in the future, without having to manually add the url to every single page.

Thank you again for your help.  It is greatly appreciated.

Vicky
ABVarts.com
RoundTableWebDesign.com
ArtByVicky.com

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
    • 4images - Image Gallery Management System
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2002, 11:26:27 PM »
user_logininfo.html

Jan
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline Art By Vicky

• View Profile
    • ABV Arts Enterprises
Thanks again!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2002, 01:05:30 AM »
Beautiful!  That was what I was looking for.  I didn't even check that file.  Stupid me...  Thank you again!
ABVarts.com
RoundTableWebDesign.com
ArtByVicky.com