Author Topic: Auto-Thumbnail Resizing  (Read 6825 times)

Offline Smoothice

• View Profile
    • Casual Victims
Auto-Thumbnail Resizing
« on: May 22, 2007, 02:28:33 AM »
I am having a problem here.  I am uploading videos and have to upload a thumbnail of the video.  The thumbnails are 320x240 so when the video is uploaded the thumbnail size is 320x240.

I need to know if there is a way to have the thumbnail resized to 95px wide.  Which is what the thumbnail setting on the ACP is set to.  Any help here would be great.

Smoothice

manurom

Re: Auto-Thumbnail Resizing
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 09:34:53 AM »
Hello;
you may use the image conversion in the Admin Control Panel: Images -->Auto-Image-Resizer:

Offline Smoothice

• View Profile
    • Casual Victims
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 03:35:37 AM »
This I know but isn't there a way to auto-size the thumbnails when the files are uploaded?  I am not always the one uploading images so it gets out of control with full sized images as thumbnails. 

I can't hav been the first person to need this.  Not all users have proper sized thumbnails.

Aaron

Offline CeJay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 07:29:41 AM »
In your Admin control panel you can set it to "Auto-create thumbnail".
This is under "Upload Settings" and should be 4th from the bottom in that section. Just check the yes part then click on "save changes".

Now it should auto create a thumbnail everytime a image is uploaded.

If you want to set certain restraints on the thumbnail size that is it the top part of that section (Max. width of thumbnail in pixel & Max. heigth of thumbnail in pixel). Just set to the dimensions you wish to make your largest. If someone then uploads a smaller thumbnail it will stay the size they uploaded.

Offline Smoothice

• View Profile
    • Casual Victims
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 09:48:44 PM »
See that is where the wierd thing is.  It is not downsizing the size of thethumbnail.  Letssay a user uploads a 800x600 image then for the thumbnail they choose the same image.  The thumbnail is not autosizing to the size that isset in the ACP.  It is staying the same 800x600 now this really really really silly.

Aaron

Offline CeJay

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 11:20:52 PM »
Are you sure your setting is getting saved in the ACP?

Offline Smoothice

• View Profile
    • Casual Victims
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 11:24:46 PM »
Sure is.