Author Topic: Image ids  (Read 8087 times)

Offline Russ

• View Profile
Image ids
« on: August 04, 2005, 09:41:06 PM »
When you delete the latest image, the image_id and stuff still keeps counting like if you deleted image 518, the next image you add will be called 519. Is there any way to stop this? Thanks in advance!

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Image ids
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 12:37:29 AM »
no, not really. and its good because u cant ;)
just think about it. a person visited your site saw a picture, bookmarked it, then next time he came back by using the link from his bookmark and he see a different image, confused.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

TheOracle

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 03:51:49 AM »

When you delete the latest image, the image_id and stuff still keeps counting like if you deleted image 518, the next image you add will be called 519. Is there any way to stop this? Thanks in advance!

The precise answer, for this, is that the image_id column is based from ' auto_increment ' option from your mySQL image table. The auto_increment is meant to increase numbers for each actions that would be applied too. ;)

Offline Russ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 10:45:06 AM »
Thanks so much for your answers both of you :). With some searching I achieved what I wanted to achieve :D

Offline netlg

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 04:18:56 AM »
I need this , find it more times !