Author Topic: Some users have to login again every 3-5 minutes  (Read 8956 times)

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
Some users have to login again every 3-5 minutes
« on: February 08, 2006, 12:49:45 PM »
Hello,

Now that i have about 200 users on my site, i have some that are complaining that they are "kicked" out of the system, and have to login again every 3-5 minutes, even if their checkbox "log me in automaticly every..." is checked.

So i thought, that they have a problem on their pc, but the users with this kind of problem are getting more and more.
I've searched about an hour the forum, but i can't find a topic that is referring to that kind of problem (when NOT EVERY user is kicked out).

So where is the problem? Why some users have that problem, some not?

My sessions.php:
Code: [Select]
..has changed...
Thank's for your time,

Georgi
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 11:45:44 AM by trez »

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Some users have to login again every 3-5 minutes
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 03:07:45 PM »
create a test account please
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 03:14:37 PM »
create a test account please

sure,

un: test
pw: test

PS: My site is on bulgarian language ;)
Big thanks for your time, V@no

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 08:32:43 PM »
problem solved. The user that had that type of problems were women. And yes, they didn't activate cookies.  :twisted:

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 12:20:21 AM »
problem solved. The user that had that type of problems were women. And yes, they didn't activate cookies. :twisted:
Still without cookies by default session exparation should be 15 minutes, unless you've changed it in the settings...
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 08:26:44 AM »
Problem is still there, but its getting worster. 2 things  :roll:

1. Many people complain they be kicked out after a few minutes, but user who use FIREFOX dont have this problem. They activate cookies... dont know what to do.

2. Whos online dont shows all registred users who are online. I installed the "last user online MOD", he shows me (for example) that user A and user B were online 1 minute ago, but they werent in the whosonline.

Any ideas V@no?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 10:33:25 AM »
1) is this happening when "Искам да влизам автоматично с всяко посещение." the checkbox checked when logging in? or without it?
2) if you are using cache system, try to disable it, see if it fixes the whos online problem.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 10:44:47 AM by V@no »

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 11:43:00 AM »
1) is this happening when "Искам да влизам автоматично с всяко посещение." the checkbox checked when logging in? or without it?
2) if you are using cache system, try to disable it, see if it fixes the whos online problem.

Thanks for the fast answer.

1) yes its happening even when the chekbox is on. I thought the problem might be when the users post links with their sessionID, but thats not the reason. Any further idea?
2) Its integrated with v1.7.1 , but i dont know how to disable it. I searched in the ACP but dont find that option .. just "clear cache" // stange thing about this problem is that this is happening only to specific random users, for example user32 is always shown, user44 is shown just sometimes  :roll:

regards,
georgi

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 06:01:02 PM »
I figured it out about 2)

The user is logged, but when he is longer NOT ACTIVE on the site (e.g. 15 minutes) , hes not shown in the whois_online, but he is STILL logged in  :roll: :roll:
Where is the problem?

Offline IcEcReaM

• View Profile
    • My little Testboard
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 07:43:02 PM »
Does he has check the "always stay logged in" box?

Then it's normal, cause cookies are set,
the they are automaticly logged in.
Coding is a everlasting competition between programmers who tries to write larger, better and idiot-safe programs and the universe producing larger and stupider idiots...
...so far the universe won
bump

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 08:07:30 PM »
but why do SOME of them NOT appear in whois_online?

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 08:11:21 PM »
all users that have checked the box have this problem. They close site - after some hours they open the site, they are automaticly logged on, but DO NOT appear in whoisonline :(

Have this something to do witch the cache? Or maybe with the ban-MOD i installed ? Sould i post a php-file? Sessions maybe? Please help ..

made a new topic (http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=11596.0)  on this one, this topic has other problems :( ...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 08:28:50 PM by trez »