Author Topic: Help please, Auto image resize on upload for 1.7.7  (Read 5701 times)

Offline RoopJeans

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Help please, Auto image resize on upload for 1.7.7
« on: January 24, 2010, 01:16:39 PM »
Kindly guide me for one thing to do.
i want that if any user submit an image.  he shouldn't have to  resize his actual image manually. and when he has uploaded the image that image should be displayed on site with a fixed dimenion, which shouldnt go out of the page size (if the image submitted by the user is larger then page size.)

i found one post here but that is for 1.7.6 . please help me

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Help please, Auto image resize on upload for 1.7.7
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 07:16:56 PM »
did you try install that mod at all? most mods work regardless of 4images version.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline RoopJeans

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 07:43:23 AM »
did you try install that mod at all? most mods work regardless of 4images version.
Thats mode i mentioned is located here ( and thats your mod)  http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=7700.0
and it has 30 pages.   and that is too difficult to  lineup all these and find what is right and what is wrong. on one hand one thing is applied then following post says its not successful etc.
in fact if any expert could only rip those guidelines out of that long 30 pages conversation which may help any newbie like me that will be great.

please help to get it done  any short recap of the exact and correct process of all that? or only the proper thing out of all those 30 pages?

Offline surferboy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 06:01:14 PM »
Just follow the instructions in the first post on the first page.  I know what you're talking about. With all the comments and 30 pages of replies, where is the real, latest stuff but have faith in the first page instructions. 

I installed 4images 1.7.7 at 7pm last night, and by 11:15pm, following the instructions for this auto-resize, I had the mod installed and working perfectly.  I had never used the software before 7pm, ever.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 12:35:02 AM »
We are trying keep original code (on first page) of all mods up-to-date, with all the changes/fixes discussed in replies.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)