• [MOD] Multi Size Download of same image [ver 4.7] 5 0 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: [MOD] Multi Size Download of same image [ver 4.7]  (Read 433963 times)

Offline goblue7

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] Multi Size Download of same image [ver 3.1]
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2009, 03:36:53 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to reply and offer to look at the files.  It is very appreciated.

I don't have any other mod installed in the gallery.  This was a fresh install ( I have only used 4images twice in the past mod free) but this one is for my own site.  I have never used 4images for myself because I was unaware of this mod and many others.   It is my very first mod install, but I am very certain I have followed the instructions accurately.  So we are dealing with a fresh install, and an attempt to install this mod only.  :)

I forgot to mention that I modified the php files using Adobe Dreamweaver CS3.  This may have been the wrong thing to use for php file modification.

Thank you again.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 05:02:08 PM by goblue7 »

Offline budduke

• View Profile
    • http://www.budduke.com
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2009, 01:04:39 AM »
Thank you for taking the time to reply and offer to look at the files.  It is very appreciated.

I don't have any other mod installed in the gallery.  This was a fresh install ( I have only used 4images twice in the past mod free) but this one is for my own site.  I have never used 4images for myself because I was unaware of this mod and many others.   It is my very first mod install, but I am very certain I have followed the instructions accurately.  So we are dealing with a fresh install, and an attempt to install this mod only.  :)

I forgot to mention that I modified the php files using Adobe Dreamweaver CS3.  This may have been the wrong thing to use for php file modification.

Thank you again.

:wink:
Check the instructions again under the lang\english\admin.php file.
You never inserted the insert in that file...

Don't feel bad, I have made crazier mistakes then that myself.
The only dumb question is the one never asked!

That should fix it for you...
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline goblue7

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2009, 03:45:32 AM »

Thank you again.

:wink:
Check the instructions again under the lang\english\admin.php file.
You never inserted the insert in that file...

Don't feel bad, I have made crazier mistakes then that myself.
The only dumb question is the one never asked!

That should fix it for you...

Oh man, I tell you...Sorry about that :(   You knew I was going to feel like a fool for that one....

Thank you very much... it did fix it for me.  I appreciate you taking the time to look over the files and find the mistake.  Kicking myself...I missed it twice :)

Offline goblue7

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2009, 06:38:07 PM »
I've noticed a few issues and wanted to ask here before attempting anything else.

My apologies if already answered, I have spent hours in here trying to find out answers to a few questions and have been unable to do so, or I am looking in the wrong spot.  So therefore I will now post :)

I'll tell you what I am trying to do, and maybe someone can offer some direction...thank you!

What I want to do is have a registered user able to click on the thumbnail, and have an image that only open 800 wide (don't care about height, just want it proportioned properly at 800 wide) and then, have the ability to click on the download link below the image (this excellent mod) and decide the size of the image they want to download, be it one of the sizes given (which are perfect for me) or the full entire huge image.

My problem is this....I deal with thousands of photos, and they default at 5184x3456 (15-25mb each) sometimes they are off depending on touch ups...removal of unwanted items and so on...sometimes 4800x2600, other odd numbers maybe 3560x2246...you get the idea.  After the amount of work, and number of photos (I'll take as many as 700 for one football game) it is too difficult to resize them all to make it perfect for this web site and have to touch them all up just the same.  Touching up the photos is too time consuming as it is, not to mention the quantity I have to do, yet alone now have to reszie them all proportionally to work with this mod successfully.  I was hoping the mod could do it automatically.  :)

I currently only use this mod, and I suspect I may have to add another to pull this off.  However, using this mod when a user tries to download an image via the drop down menu, no matter what size they choose (and it is always smaller than original) it never re-sizes correctly, comes up small and is lossy so to speak at 300kb or so etc...when I know the original is huge.  I don't mind auto cropping or any of that...parts of the image unviewable and do understand this...I just can't get it to do it regardless.  They are always the same no matter which choice in the download menu I select.  On a few occasions, with some of the photos I have tried to upload now to test this mod, the drop down menu won't even show up in all cases....most but not all.  I suspect this may have to do with the size of the image, or how I am viewing it.

So basically to sum it up, I want it similar to what you see at the web sites such as flickr, or the gallery photo mod (similar to 4images which I don't want to use)  see thumbnails, click on a thumbnail, get a bigger view of 800, then decide what to do , as a user, and download the size you want.

Offline budduke

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2009, 11:05:48 PM »
To answer most of your question...
http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=20496.0

the one about quality, not sure. Can you PM me your website to look at to see what is happening?
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline sippiseincousin

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2010, 02:59:05 PM »
Hey,

that looks like a very nice script, but i have a question.

What is about the DPI from the Picture? Can i modify it?

And can i replace the resolution in my own sizes?

Rembrandt

« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2010, 05:13:16 PM »
What is about the DPI from the Picture? Can i modify it?...
DPI = Dots per Inch, This has nothing to do with the image.

Offline budduke

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2010, 12:34:15 AM »
Hey,

that looks like a very nice script, but i have a question.

What is about the DPI from the Picture? Can i modify it?

And can i replace the resolution in my own sizes?
Your question about DPI, no. it is set at 96dpi (I think).
The best answer would be, if your user is wanting the higher DPI resized, they should download the original image and resize it on their own computer. besides, dealing with big files and resizing them all the time with large DPI settings would put allot of load on a web server.
You can read more about our DPI debate at...
http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=26422.0
From the debate, I think we came up with the conclusion that if you have imagemagic loaded on your server, there is a command inside that graphic library that allows you to play with DPI but I have not researched it beyond this Mod.

Your second question about replacing resolution with your own sizes...
look at the second insertion in the global.php file of the Mod. That is where you list the sizes you want the user to see.

Hopefully those are the answers you are searching for,
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline sippiseincousin

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 19, 2010, 09:53:14 AM »
Hey,

thanks for your answer!

It was exactly the answer i was looking for!

Offline Tiburon

• View Profile
    • http://www.hintergrundbilder.de
« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2010, 07:04:37 PM »
Itīs a really good mod that works fine for me with 1.7.7. Thank you for this fine piece of work, budduke  :)

There is only one thing that I would like to change. Is it possible, that the image opens in a new browser window if the user clicks on link/button/dropdown, so that he can set it immediately as wallpaper?

I tried to modyfiy sth. like target='blank' in functions.php, but either that doesn't work or I did it in the wrong way.

Has anybody an idea how to realize this ?

----------------------------------

Have a nice Day

Offline budduke

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2010, 01:08:46 AM »
There is only one thing that I would like to change. Is it possible, that the image opens in a new browser window if the user clicks on link/button/dropdown, so that he can set it immediately as wallpaper?

I tried to modyfiy sth. like target='blank' in functions.php, but either that doesn't work or I did it in the wrong way.

I do not think this is possible because the buttons are using the download command so it is trying to save the file to your hard drive and not just viewing the image.
Are images the only items that are on your site? There may be a way of modifying the send_file function in the download.php file to open a new window with the image but that would be a modification that would be like that for everything on your site.

If I find time I will see what I can do...
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline Tiburon

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2010, 07:57:48 AM »
I do not think this is possible because the buttons are using the download command so it is trying to save the file to your hard drive and not just viewing the image.
Are images the only items that are on your site? There may be a way of modifying the send_file function in the download.php file to open a new window with the image but that would be a modification that would be like that for everything on your site.

If I find time I will see what I can do...

thank you for your immediate reply. Yes, on my website are only images (wallpaper site). Your mod is a perfect addition to 4images for anyone who wants to offer images in many different sizes and who wants to use all the other advantages of 4images instead of using one of this inflexible and static mass-scripts which you can see now all around the web. So it would be really fantastic if there would be a way to modify that download.php file  :)

Have a nice Day

Offline Tiburon

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2010, 01:59:38 PM »
I have another question concerning your Mod.

Would it be possible to style this part a little bit ?

$download_multi_sizes= array(
   array('640X480',640,480),
   array('800X600',800,600),
   array('1024X768',1024,768),
   array('1280X960',1280,960),
   array('1400X1050',1400,1050),
   array('1600X1200',1600,1200),
   array('1280X800-wide',1280,800),
   array('1440X900-wide',1440,900),
   array('1680X1050-wide',1680,1050),
   array('1920X1200-wide',1920,1200)
   );

I would like to section it a little bit so that it looks sth like this:

$download_multi_sizes= array(

Fullscreen:
   array('640X480',640,480),
   array('800X600',800,600),
   array('1024X768',1024,768),
   array('1280X960',1280,960),
   array('1400X1050',1400,1050),
   array('1600X1200',1600,1200),

Widescreen:
   array('1280X800-wide',1280,800),
   array('1440X900-wide',1440,900),
   array('1680X1050-wide',1680,1050),
   array('1920X1200-wide',1920,1200)
   );

Have a nice Day

Offline budduke

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 13, 2010, 02:24:08 AM »
@ Tiburon,
when you say style I am assuming laying them out on the page in a certain manner, how are you wanting the buttons/links to look when laid out on the screen?
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline Tiburon

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 13, 2010, 06:39:44 PM »
@ Tiburon,
when you say style I am assuming laying them out on the page in a certain manner, how are you wanting the buttons/links to look when laid out on the screen?

Hi budduke,

I thougt about seperating the links in the Dropdown a little bit like this:

Widescreen 16:9
 2560x1440
 1920x1080
Widescreen 16:10
 2560x1600
 1920x1200

...and so on. This would make it easier for the visitors to find the wallpaper-resolution that the want.

Have a nice Day