Author Topic: Settings  (Read 7789 times)

Offline Vraxor

• View Profile
    • http://tc-revolution.net
Settings
« on: November 11, 2002, 06:10:30 PM »
Hi Jan,

I have problems too. If I look at the settings page in the admin section I cannot set some settings.

This is the way it looks:

I hope you can help me out on this one, because I can't change the settings, even after I changed the settings.php file.

Cheers,
Vraxor

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
    • 4images - Image Gallery Management System
Settings
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2002, 07:19:04 AM »
Be sure to use the latest language files.

Jan
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline Vraxor

• View Profile
Settings
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2002, 10:44:04 PM »
Sorry Jan for posting it under the wrong topic  :oops:

Glad to see you moved my posting.
I downloaded the new lang files and this finally looks a lot better, should have been something I had to figure outr myself, but somehow I just did not.

Now the only problem that is left is that everytime I try to set the option to let users edit and delete their own image on and I refresh the page the option is off again, so saving does not work. I downloaded the new settings.php file you provided, but that has no effect.

I really want users to be able to edit the work so is there a way to put the right value in the database without direct acces to it, so it should be by the use of a script. Don't know if you have another idea.

Cheers,
Vraxor

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
Settings
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2002, 08:56:46 AM »
What do you mean with "refresh page"? Clicking "Save changes"? Other settings will be saved or not?

Jan
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline Vraxor

• View Profile
Settings
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2002, 09:17:34 AM »
Ok I'll explain more in detail.

I always submit my changes by the use of the button at the bottom of the page saying "Save Changes"
Sofar I follow procedures.

Then I see the message "Changes Saves"
All looks ok, but..

Now I close my browser and open it again. I go to my galleries, logon and go to the admin panel again.
If I looks at the settings again I see that they've been set back to the original settings and not what I last changed.

This only is true for the 4 radiobuttons in which I can set the option to let users edit/delete their comments and images.

I would love to use this feature, but as long as the changes I make in the settings page do not stay I do not know how to activate the option.

The rest of the settings apear to be working perfect with teh new settings.php file, only those 4 buttons refuse.

Cheers,
Vraxor

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
Settings
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2002, 11:01:34 AM »
Did you updated from an earlier version of 4images? Are you sure that you run the update script?

Jan
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline Vraxor

• View Profile
Settings
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2002, 11:40:07 AM »
Well, I think you name the point there.

My webhost had a server crash so the galleries were offline for 3 days. after those 3 days everthing worked perfect untill all in a sudden I had to install the galleries again. He just lost all data  :?  Still all images were on the server and I did not change anything, but the galleries had lost all user data and image data.

This was while using version 1.6.1
So after this happened and I felt more then sad cause the galleries finally began to get popular and many images were uploaded in very short time. I felt that I should update to 1.7. This was because members have been asking for the option to edit their own images.

I did copy all the files of 1.7 to the server and because I thought the dbase was empty I did not update anything. Maybe I still should do so because I might have installed the galleries under 1.6.1 and then uploaded 1.7 (don't know for sure anymore)

But I wonder if it would affect anything. I already opened the galleries again, so when I update now will I lose data or not?

Cheers,
Vraxor

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
Settings
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2002, 11:58:53 AM »
No, you will not loose any data.

Jan
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline Vraxor

• View Profile
Settings
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2002, 12:19:01 PM »
Thanks a lot Jan,

This was sure not an easy one to solve since I messed up big time myself  :D

But I'm very happy to say that things work fine now. I can finally continue on editing the galleries again and with a little help from the folks out on this forum I might be able to manage some new modifications.

Cheers,
Vraxor