Author Topic: CRIMINAL USE - Image Theft, Invasion of Privay and Copyright Infringement  (Read 10392 times)

Offline kimberleyb

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Hello

Do you have anything to help those of us who have been damaged by criminals using your software to steal our photos to sell on their own sites?

www.assimetrias.net uses your software to host STOLEN PHOTOS of people with disabilities for money.

In fact, the only way someone can join is if they upload ten stolen photos themselves.

Your software is enabling this theft.

We have tried all avenues to have our property removed from the site but since they are criminals, they, of course, are not complying.

I would like to know if you have any way to assist us since it appears to be a free version.

I am looking forward to your reply as we will be covering this in our next issue of Active Living Magazine (230,000 readership) and throughout our media sites (approximately 15,000 visitors per day).

Thank you for your time.

Kimberley Barreda
Associate Editor
Active Living Magazine

Offline Acidgod

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • It's me?
    • View Profile
    • Flash-Webdesign
http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIs.aspx?domain=assimetrias.net&prog_id=godaddy

There you can find the data of the Owner/Registrant of the domain...
With this data go to a lawyer...

There is nothing more we can do for you... )o:

Good Speed!

Offline gustav

• View Profile
Well, as these guys are scammers, they propbably use false data for their doamin contacts....
So, here is how it goes....
Get the domain data as described in the post above... try to contact them.. of cause this will not work...
then write to the domainhost and complain about the domain not having correct data... most domainhosts have special forms for that.. check the policies etc....
That of cause will also not really help... as there are to many ways to fake domain entries after a complaint again...
Now go to traceroute.org and check the domain.... check the last few IPs to get the Server host..... you can contact them about copyright infigment... basically all server hosts are very strict about those infrigments. they will contact the owner of the site and remove the site if needed..... but to get it done best, a lawyer should do all this.. also mention the false domain info etc...
But all this also depends in what country the server is and where you are located.... at the end it is very hard to get such content removed from the net, unless you really know how to get it done...

BTW... I already checked it for you..... the website is hostd by www.ptisp.org...... unfortuntely I can't read that language... so you are on your own from there....

Offline WAPS

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Medical Forum
Hallo! I have cracked a site of this idiot.  :mrgreen: Success to you!  :)

Offline Fastian

• View Profile
Your software is enabling this theft.
What does 4images have to do with this??  :x  8O
It’s up to the user how he/she use it. They could have used any gallery script.
It's kinda harsh statement.
I m not a  Programmer.
          But
I m a Good Learner.

Offline gustav

• View Profile
Well, actually.... if you really take this serious..... the provider of the software is also responsible for the usage.... there have been gallerysystem programmers in the past that got sued really bad for that.
Cause is, that the software makes it possible for the bad guys to provide stolen content to the public..... so the programmers actually helps the bad guys to spread illigal stuff.... and lots more of legal blah blah.... anyway, most programmers hope their legal disclaimers will protect them from shit like that.. but..... this only works partially... a good lawyer always finds a hole in a disclaimer.....
But these cases got rare recently, as you basically could sue the US army for releasing the I-net to the public.... together with Hillary Clinton who pushed this forward even more.....
Whatever.. just my two cents..... There is always someone to blame for whatever.....
But anyway.... just follow my earlier suggestions to simply shut down the site.. and everything will be fine again....

Offline MiguelAntonio

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Helo everybody. I'm Portuguese and i live in Lisbom and the site is a Portuguese site.

The site in question is about special woman and show beautiful of woman.

I has contacted by Kimberley Barreda whith this email:

*please don't post private mails without approval*

Of course, after the first mensage of Kimberley Barreda i contact the Policia Judiciária to averiguate the facts and starter a processa gainst Kimberley Barreda.

After I recive the first email of WAPS i contact agin Policia Judiciaria of Portugal and send the emails and acouts Passwords. They will pay to WAPS to access they bank acount and all tinks they do on the internet. All IPS, Proxys emails are monotorized right now by Policia Judiciaria.

The site assimetrias.net are inside the Portuguese law, and Kimberley Barreda are not teling the true. Soon the site is up again and Kimberley Barreda and WAPS are responsabilized by all acts. Is only a question of time.

Tanks for read this.

You can read the full mensages and emails at www.assimetrias.net
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 11:31:12 AM by Acidgod »

Offline WAPS

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Medical Forum
MiguelAntonio
 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
LOL!!! :D I think that very much is not pleasant to policemen when they will see THAT at you in gallery on a site. Your site http://www.assimetrias.net/ for sexual maniacs, and it very much, very much, very badly... I have looked 3 photos of women with the amputated legs and now at me a constant nausea! I have shown it to my friends - it it became bad. Think again, the idiot! What do you create? How on such dung it is possible to look?!

Offline Acidgod

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • It's me?
    • View Profile
    • Flash-Webdesign
please go away with your stupid little guerilla warfare...
we don't need them here...

hacking websites is sooo poor and your attitude is infantile... )o:

*closed*