Author Topic: Disable or Approve Comments to avoid gallery CONTAMINATION  (Read 10244 times)

Offline marywyar

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Disable or Approve Comments to avoid gallery CONTAMINATION
« on: March 19, 2006, 09:31:35 PM »
I had someone post a virus in the comments section the other day which let to a lot of unneccessary fixing... is there some hack or code that could be worked on that would allow the admin to approve comments before they are posted.... much like myspace allows... OR is there a way to completely disable comments?

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Disable or Approve Comments to avoid gallery CONTAMINATION
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 10:07:46 PM »
you can disable comments for each category separately. or not allow guests post comments.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Beautiful Body Castings

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 03:33:02 AM »
im curious as to how someone could insert a virus into a comment when there isnt much they can type in there especially not excutable code

you can dissable images dissable html and bbcode isnt that dangerous is it?

Michael

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 07:43:35 AM »
4images v1.7.2 is much more secure then the previous version, so they must have been using previous version and turned on HTML in the comments, or the hacker used a none-patched hole in the script or server...
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)