Author Topic: Need help Mysql connections error  (Read 3190 times)

Offline jamstave

• View Profile
Need help Mysql connections error
« on: April 22, 2005, 02:12:14 AM »
Hi...I need help, I'm getting error message in my error log the error message is

[21-Apr-2005 03:13:55] PHP Warning:  mysql_connect(): User isaithen_gallery has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /home/isaithen/public_html/gallery/includes/db_mysql.php on line 39 ,

I contacted with my hosting company they said this is a script problem please contact with 4images, everyday i'm getting this error message please help me to correct this error thank.

Theepan.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Need help Mysql connections error
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 02:48:12 AM »
I contacted with my hosting company they said this is a script problem please contact with 4images, everyday i'm getting this error message please help me to correct this error thank.
Unless your site is VERY popular OR being "bombarded" by some bots (in my experience I had to ban entire subnet to rid of such bots), there is nothing wrong with 4images itself. It could be mysql server configured with too low number of allowed simulation connections.

If your are using 4images v1.7 try to upgrade to v1.7.1 it has less load on mysql server.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Chris

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?
    • View Profile
Re: Need help Mysql connections error
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 01:24:57 AM »
This could also be a MySQL server configuration issue although I tend to think that V@no's point is more applicable.  Unless you have a dedicated server, there are other sites also hitting the MySQL server as well.  Just something to consider