Author Topic: Help!!  (Read 4848 times)

Offline moniquita

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Help!!
« on: April 14, 2005, 07:26:16 AM »
I have just purchased and installed my 4images software, but I can't log in as admin. I've tested it as a regular user in "index.php" and I am able to log in and it works, but in my "admin/index.php" nothing happens, I can't log in. PLEASE HELP!!!

Offline Chris

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?
    • View Profile
Re: Help!!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 02:42:24 PM »

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 02:48:55 PM »
and have u tryed login as admin from index.php (not as regular user)?
what about cookies and temp internet files? have u clear them yet?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline moniquita

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 08:48:11 PM »
and have u tryed login as admin from index.php (not as regular user)?
what about cookies and temp internet files? have u clear them yet?

Yes I have tried that also and I still cannot log in. Is there something else I need to do other than what was on the "installation.doc"??? In my phpadmin, everything is fine and my user name and password is correct. I really need help, is there some way that I can contact live support??

Offline Chris

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 10:09:42 PM »
There is no live support.

If your password looks correct in phpMyAdmin, then it's really not.  Passwords are encrypted using md5 before being stored in the db.  Create a new file named md5.php
Code: [Select]
<?php
echo md5("Your Password Goes Here");
?>
Replace Your Password Goes Here with your actual password. Open md5.php in a browser.  Copy the string into the user password field using phpMyAdmin.  You should be able to login after that.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 12:46:06 AM »
also, phpmyadmin has build-in feature that let u chose how u want to encrypt a field value, simply chose MD5 and type your password.

if u can login as regular member then either you type incorrect username or password, there is nothing else could possible privent u login from 4images page (ACP is a different story)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)