Author Topic: 1.7.2 upgrade error  (Read 5484 times)

Offline bobofindit

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
1.7.2 upgrade error
« on: April 17, 2006, 08:46:19 AM »
Hello, I just upgraded my 4images 1.7.1 to 1.7.2 and I get the following error when I click on a thumball to enlarge the image Parse errorparse errorunexpected '}' in /home/www/xxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/includes/template.php(101) : eval()'d code on line 113

This is what on 113 {

Thanks for any help

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: 1.7.2 upgrade error
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 02:10:36 PM »
my first guess would be something wrong with your template...perhaps it conteins not properly formated php code or there is a closing condition tag without opening ({endif ...} without {if ...})
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline bobofindit

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 03:28:22 PM »
my first guess would be something wrong with your template...perhaps it conteins not properly formated php code or there is a closing condition tag without opening ({endif ...} without {if ...})

Thanks for the response and you should be right but I am not sure where exactly to look and this template.php causing the error is from the upgrade package of 1.7.2. I replaced it with the template.php from 1.7.1 and it works but a compare of the two files result with additions codes in the new file and was hoping that others who have upgraded might have had the same error and reported it but my search in the forum did not come up with anything and this is why is posted.

However, will continue to look in the new file to find where the closing bracket is missing because I have tried closing it and a different error comes up on another line.

UPDATE..........OK.........I just found where it is said that do not complain if you upgrade to 1.7.2 so I am sorry for posting here. Guess that I did not search the forum enough.

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 05:37:14 PM by bobofindit »

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 03:21:22 AM »
can you attach the following templates (zip them first):
details.html
comment_bit.html
comment_form.html
rate_form.html
bbcode.html
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline bobofindit

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 06:02:30 AM »
can you attach the following templates (zip them first):
details.html
comment_bit.html
comment_form.html
rate_form.html
bbcode.html

Thanks for the response, V.

After reading your response i decided to try the template/default theme which is part of the 1.7.2 upgrade package and boom the error disappeared and the detail image came up with no error. I then changed back to my theme and override the five template files that you ask me to zip and the error was no more except that the theme don't look right. I replaced the original template files back and the erorr has disappeared and all working well.

However, I attached the files they are not from the template/default.

Thanks

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 06:37:59 AM »
yes, as I suspected, you have misstakes in details.html with condtional tags.
the {if allow_comments} must be above {endif allow_comments}

Offline bobofindit

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 03:30:27 AM »
yes, as I suspected, you have misstakes in details.html with condtional tags.
the {if allow_comments} must be above {endif allow_comments}

Thanks.........I am still new the 4images and i learning.