Author Topic: [b]Rating problem[/b]  (Read 4723 times)

Offline ihittman

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
[b]Rating problem[/b]
« on: July 08, 2002, 10:39:58 AM »
Hi!
Has anybody noticed that after you close browser window you can vote once again on already voted picures?
Anybody knows how to correct this?
Thanks.
IG

Offline seanne1

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.camp4.com
[b]Rating problem[/b]
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2002, 02:01:21 AM »
Did you ever find and answer to your multi voting problem?

Offline sprokop

• View Profile
[b]Rating problem[/b]
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2002, 05:23:11 AM »
I beleive 4images checks for session state to do security and that sort of thing. When you close your browser and open a new one, you start another session which would explain why. Don't quote me on that but I think that makes sense. Most poll/voting systems use either/or/both IP and Cookie combination to make sure you can't vote twice!

By the way seanne1, nice site! do you use a portal script to maintain? just curious?

Thanks
Sam
--
   __O
 _-\<,_     Why drive when you can bike?
(_)/ (_)

Offline seanne1

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.camp4.com
[b]Rating problem[/b]
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2002, 07:06:54 AM »
Sam,

Thanks for the compliments on the site.  No, it is not a packaged portal script.  I wrote it all myself with the exception of the photo gallery and that is all 4images. 4images is a great gallery script, but you already know that.

On the voting dilemma, it is hard to believe there is not a fix for this.  We are running a photo contest right now, and there are several people that are voting their images '10s' and giving their close competitors '1s'.  It really makes me mad that they can't be honest about voting.  Maybe they are from Florida where you vote early and vote often. hehe...  

Anyway, here is what I would like to do ... have a script that captures the username, voting score and image voted on.  Then I would know that user x voted on image y 25 times and gave it a score of '1'.  Then I would be able to identify the abuser and remove them from the competition.  I know there are a few major abusers trying to win the competition, and I am not able to know exactly who they are.

Anyone got any ideas?