Author Topic: Upload multiple images via *.zip DONE  (Read 80585 times)

Offline Jan Senf

• View Profile
    • event-pics.de und ihr seid dabei !
Re: Upload multiple images via *.zip DONE
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2005, 12:39:07 PM »
Jan Senf:
yeh, I did that because there are a few things that the uploader can change on that page which shouldn't be available to any user such as choosing which name to put as the uploader. for this reason, i placed an autosubmit code in to prevent unauthorised changes. If you want to play with it, the file to edit is checkandgo.php (the one on the 4images directory).

... wouldn´t it be nice if the user is asked for describtion and/or keywords when uploading a ZIP-File ?
:-)

Hm, i´ve not enough time in the moment to check this out ... , maybe later !!!

Offline dipunm

• View Profile
    • london academy yearbook
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2005, 12:16:11 PM »
To be honest, the only thing I actually made was the upload and exctract code, the process of adding it to the database was done by modding the checkandgo (allinone) mod :mrgreen:

I am not really a good php programmer, just an ordinary person who wanted a mod for his website and couldnt find it so I made one. Then I shared my knowledge, (its fun to help ppl).  :D

I had a look at the code that makes the page (which i dont want any1 to edit) :| and i found it very confusing as to where the functions that make the page come from. This is why I cant REALLY mod it further, :? if I knew this, I cud hide certain inputs etc and then you COULD edit keywords and descriptions...

However, you have to take into consideration that the picutes would all have the same descriptions and keywords, this is why I didn't bother with looking too deep into the code. :lol:

Offline iban

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2005, 02:34:41 AM »
It is a great mod!!! But I have a problem and a pair of suggestions...

PROBLEM: when I try to upload a zip-file, then, I get a error at upload2.php:
Error : PCLZIP_ERR_MISSING_FILE (-4) : Missing archive file './..//data/media/7/'

The error is only when a user is who tries the upload. If the 4images' administrator uploads the same file there is no error.

SUGGESTIONS:
1st Three types of upload together: 1file, somefiles, zipfile
2nd When you upload a file one by one, the system renames the file if it exists yet. But, zip upload does not do it...

Could somebody help with my problem? Thanks!

Offline iban

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2005, 01:02:10 PM »
The problem is because the category was NOT "Direct Upload". If the category is only "Upload"-able for the user, the error occurs.
I think it is a bug.

Is there a way to enable "zip-upload" for users when the category is set by "Upload"=ON and "Direct Upload"=OFF?

Many thanks

Offline dipunm

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2005, 11:27:45 PM »
Thanx 4 the hint  :wink:

You are right, it IS a bug and I'm working on it.  8O

As far as renaming goes, It is not possible at the moment. This is a problem even for me, the file will NOT be extracted if a file with the same name exists, so rest assured that the original file will not be replaced.  :lol:

HOWEVER, the PCLZIP program does not support this feature which is why on the last page, there is a message asking that if any pictures are not listed at the end which WERE in the zip file, that those pictures should be uploaded individually.

Okay, after a little investigation, I find that the proposed bug fix is a L-I-T-T-L-E harder than i suspected.
it would be ALOT easier if you didn't mind that uploads via zip file is treated as direct uploads???.... ( :( please say yes, please say yes, please say yes)

Offline dipunm

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2005, 12:40:22 PM »
OKAY, try this... its not been tested so keep a copy of your old upload2.php file
If it works, please say so  :wink:
(this should fix the upload without direct upload permission bug)
change the file to upload2.php  :wink:

Offline cabdragon

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2005, 10:46:07 PM »
Hey when I wanna upload a zip.file the following page shows this error:

DB Error: Bad SQL Query: INSERT INTO 4images_images_temp (cat_id, user_id, image_name, image_description, image_keywords, image_date, image_active, image_media_file, image_thumb_file, image_download_url, image_allow_comments, image_status) VALUES (1, 1, 'bild 004', '', '', UNIX_TIMESTAMP('2005-11-16 22:37:34'), 1, 'bild 004.gif', '', '', 1, 'checkandgo_step_done_0')
Unknown column 'image_active' in 'field list'

And this error for each file within the zip file.

When I click "add" (german: "hinzufügen") on the bottom of that page I'm directed to a site which shows the same error for only my first file within the zip directory followed by this sentence:

#   Bild Name                  

If there are any pictures not in this list that were in the zip file then the file must be entered via single upload... thnxFINISH

(But However, the files are uploaded correctly)

What do I have to do?
Where's the mistake?

Offline cabdragon

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2005, 06:37:19 PM »
And another failure:

users may not upload several files per this mod, although i gave them the permission in control panel to direct upload, either in user level and also in group level

Offline dipunm

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2005, 08:06:37 PM »
sorry bout thant, its just it took you so long to answer me, and no-one was posting that i gave up and left it as it was (it works how i need it to for me) (ps. not trying to be selfish, just a little busy nowadays)

anyways, the error seems to point out that there is a field missing from your sql database table 4images_images_temp check if the table has a field named image_active, if not, let me know and ill TRY to help you create the field, this HOPEFULLY will fix your problem...

However, the problem about multiple files not uploadable? i dont get it, this mod allows you to upload a zip file which CONTAINS multiple files which will all be inserted into the database in turn

please post your responses... thanx

----------------------------------------------------------------------
please hesitate to ask me any more questions, or i will blow your head off :@

Offline cabdragon

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2005, 12:31:11 PM »
hey thanks for your response
1.thats right, the field is missing, would you plz help me create that?
2.the administrator is able to upload files per multiupload thats right, but registered users are not although i gave them permission for direct upload

Offline dipunm

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2005, 03:21:16 PM »
Firstly, this mod shudn't be giving you these problems... have you tried reinstalling?

now not to be rude, but i am a little busy rite now, so im gonna hav 2 look into adding the field later
the other problem, please, answer this quick question?... does normal upload work fine?
if so, then, is there an error, if so, please report it, if it is simply that the link is unclickable, let me know, i cant work with this much info, im gonna need to know what the problem ACTUALLY is so i can find the source.

thanx

dipunm

Offline cabdragon

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2005, 04:01:40 PM »
- not tried reinstall yet
- normal upload works fine, images are uploaded, no errors

Offline dipunm

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2005, 09:38:50 PM »
ok, so what ACTUALLY happens? php error? or is the button just not clickable?

Offline cabdragon

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2005, 06:51:24 PM »
the button is clickable but the users get the message, that they have no permission for uploading files

Offline dipunm

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2005, 02:29:26 PM »
ok thanx, ill look into it