Author Topic: image fields added to profile and details.html page -- problem getting to work  (Read 3852 times)

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
Hello

I'm using the  profile procedures in db_field_definitions.php to create custom fields. All went well except for image fields.

I created two image fields in db_field_definitions.php and added those fields in my 4images image table. Here are the fields I created:

$additional_image_fields['image_meet'] = array($lang['image_meet'], "textarea", 1);

$additional_image_fields['image_self'] = array($lang['image_self'], "textarea", 1);

In sql I added two columns in the 4images_images table as image_meet and image_self

Next, I went to the main.php and added the language code as follows:

$lang['image_meet'] = "Describe the type of person you would like to meet:";
$lang['image_self'] = "Describe yourself:";

Next, I went to register_form.html and added the codes as follow:

<tr>
  <td class="row2"><b>{lang_image_meet}</b></td>
  <td class="row2"><textarea name="image_meet" cols="50" rows="8" class="input">{image_meet}</textarea></td>
</tr>

<tr>
 <td class="row2"><b>{lang_image_self}</b></td>
 <td class="row2"><textarea name="image_self" cols="50" rows="8" class="input">{image_self}</textarea></td>
</tr>

Next I went to member_editprofile.html and added the following:

<tr>
 <td class="row2"><b>{lang_image_meet}</b></td>
 <td class="row2"><textarea name="image_meet" cols="50" rows="8" class="input">{image_meet}</textarea></td>
</tr>

<tr>
 <td class="row2"><b>{lang_image_self}</b></td>
 <td class="row2"><textarea name="image_self" cols="50" rows="8" class="input">{image_self}</textarea></td>
</tr>

Finally, I went to details.html and added the following:

<tr>
 <td valign="top" class="row1"><b>{lang_image_self}</b></td>
 <td valign="top" class="row1">{image_self}</td>
</tr>

<tr>
 <td valign="top" class="row1"><b>{lang_image_meet}</b></td>
 <td valign="top" class="row1">{image_meet}</td>
</tr>

I'm using 4images for a free dating site. I want the user to be able to type in his description and the type of person they would like to meet when they register or edit their profile through the control panel. The problem is when I type in the information when I register or update my profile  for these two fields, it does not save the info nor does it show up in the details.html template.

Would anyone be able to guide me on how to do this?  Maybe the following pictures will help explain what I want to do:

Thanks
Steve

Offline pilavüstükuru

• View Profile
i have same problem ..... :(