Author Topic: [MOD] - Latest headlines for the news.  (Read 60189 times)

TheOracle

Re: [MOD] - Latest headlines for the news.
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2005, 12:49:54 AM »
Ok. Bad news. Since this MOD uses a parsed template, I cannot simply make repititive URLs for limited headlines. The thing is, if I customize it like you requested, you'd - no longer - be able to customize your news headlines's HTML template file as the HTML tables would need to be self-coded from news_headlines.php file.

This will have to be done for another time. ;)

Offline Hein

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2005, 08:16:19 AM »
o.k. Thanks Oracle, be dont hurry- a am waiting  :wink:

But an idear:
It isīnt possible (alternative for my problem) to cut the News from Vincent Mod, for instance by 100 Indication or behind the title and show the rest of this new by click on a link likes. "read more" on the homepage?

I hope you understand my bad english... :oops:

Greetings to you

Hein

TheOracle

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2005, 11:26:56 AM »

"read more" on the homepage?

Suggestion considered. I will work on that when my time will be less limited. ;)

Offline Hein

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2005, 02:09:46 PM »
o.k. and thanks...

Hein

TheOracle

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2005, 12:18:45 PM »
Update:

Yesterday, I found an excellent modulation that would allow you to limit your words, from the headlines's table in the index page. It should end with [...] and, beside, you would have : [Read more].

Note: Please be aware that this is, still, for one headline at the time and not for all of them.

This will be tested tomorrow night and I will post another update if successful. ;)

Offline Hein

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2005, 01:03:03 PM »
Update:

Yesterday, I found an excellent modulation that would allow you to limit your words, from the headlines's table in the index page. It should end with [...] and, beside, you would have : [Read more].

Note: Please be aware that this is, still, for one headline at the time and not for all of them.

This will be tested tomorrow night and I will post another update if successful. ;)

Hey Oracle,

thats is a great solution but (when I understand you correct) not for me, why I need more headlines as alternate to the complete News in the homepage.  :oops:

I mean headlines for all as new or actual marked news (like news mod) and a link to a single-site with the complete news-text of every headline... really like your mod but for more headlines...

Is it not possible to read out the titel of news_table for headlines and open the complete News-Text of every news (definied in the admin panel with News-mod "News display mode" in days or number) like this:
http://www.deine_website.com/news_headlines.php?news_id=XX ?

Sorry and greatings from

Hein

TheOracle

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2005, 11:34:34 PM »
Like I explained earlier, when my time will be less limited - I could always try to customize this MOD as a new release version from the first post to display all headlines from your database as it is not an easy task.

Is it not possible to read out the titel of news_table for headlines and open the complete News-Text of every news (definied in the admin panel with News-mod "News display mode" in days or number)

I'm not too sure what you're trying to explain here. Could you elaborate that a little ?

Offline Hein

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2005, 11:26:55 AM »
Dear Oracle,

o.k. i can wait of your customize MOD.

I want try to explain what I mean with my last posting:

in the normal news MOD from VINCENT the news was already shown on the Homepage (index). Isnīt it possible to show there only the titels of the news (or cutted complete news by limited letters) alternate to the headline from your MOD and link it with your headline page for the complete News?

Sorry for my idears

Thanks a lot to you

Hein

TheOracle

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2005, 11:56:02 AM »

(or cutted complete news by limited letters) alternate to the headline from your MOD and link it with your headline page for the complete News?

It makes sense. Actually, I didn't want to talk about this until it was officially completed but, now that you're asking, I'm actually coding this up but it's not ready yet. ;)

Offline Hein

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2005, 01:03:32 PM »
Oracle,

you are my hero  :lol:

TheOracle

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2005, 04:01:21 PM »
Update :

Ok, everything seems to be coded (99% at least). I'm having difficulties to track the news_id from includes/functions.php file but, for the rest, it's fine. This option will even be available under your ACP - > Settings page (in the news table - as an additional option). You will be able to type the number of characters you'd like to see in the news text.

Beside, you have the : ... [ Read more ] .

In the mean time, further modifications will be required on index.php file since an additional function will be involved. Meaning, I would stongly advise that you install the : ' Maintenance Page ' MOD and activate it as soon as this MOD is being published.

Offline Hein

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2005, 05:36:27 PM »
Suuuuper  :lol:

o.k. I will install the ' Maintenance Page ' MOD now...  :mrgreen:

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2006, 10:05:30 AM »
anyone have still the code? I really want to use that addon ;)

Offline Stoleti

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2006, 09:12:26 PM »
i'm also interested too  8O

Offline Stoleti

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2006, 12:05:34 AM »
If someone had this addon, can send me pm ? please  :(