Author Topic: print stats  (Read 5812 times)

Offline uksoreeyes

• View Profile
    • http://www.myleeneklass.com
print stats
« on: May 04, 2003, 06:47:28 AM »
I've had this script for about 6 months now and only just discovered that if you add:
Code: [Select]
define('PRINT_STATS', '1');
to includes/constants.php you get some useful information pronted at the bottom of your page. Information like this:
Page generated in 1.425211 seconds with 14 queries, spending 0.178000 seconds doing MySQL queries and 1.247211 doing PHP things. GZIP compression disabled

I was wondering if its possible to take it one step further by being able to place it in another location on the page using the same methord as the control panel link.

for example if you put {PRINT_STATS} on the top of your page, the print stats would be displayed there.

Please someone guide me in the right direction with this, It gives much more accurate information than my current counter.

Carl

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
print stats
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2003, 01:03:19 PM »
yes, I met that problem before...that's because footer.html template is pers...pers...(jee what is correct word for this? :?) anyway, the footer.html template generates when page_footer.php executes, and all those stats are generates in the page_footer.php that executes last.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline uksoreeyes

• View Profile
print stats
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2003, 01:37:36 PM »
well is there anyway to move it just above my control panel link?, i would like to use it.

Offline HelpMeNow

• View Profile
print stats
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2003, 04:01:41 PM »
This is all very interesting. Are there other diagonstic "defines" you can put there?

Anyway, I've been wanting to get some info like this.

Offline Apollo13

• Addicted member
    • View Profile
print stats
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2003, 04:10:10 PM »
my mod was wrong... sorry 4 that. But i'm still working as 4 a solution...

Offline uksoreeyes

• View Profile
print stats
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2003, 12:03:55 AM »
Yeah I was wondering where it went. I seen it in the morning and thought is try it on the night time only to find it gone lol. Hope you get it done soon.

Offline Apollo13

• Addicted member
    • View Profile
print stats
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2003, 09:53:34 AM »
well i have done it but v@no noticed that my way of modification won't display the exact stats but oky the one which are done in page_header.php sofar i haven't find an other solution... Sorry